TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Work out or do exercises for your neck before riding. LOL It's gonna test it to the limits.

I wished it wouldve sprinkled enough to get the tracks wet and wild when I rode today. Hey, I forgot I bought the all-day/all-rides pass (including Bullet) ... maybe I'll go back out there tonite ... hehe

If you were complaining about the roughness with it dry...you probably don't want to ride it wet.

x's 10 ???

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel kind of bad for the people living next door.

I wish people would quit saying this. The news made you think this, but nobody lives there. It is a weekend getaway and I've only seen them there this weekend throughout the past few months. It is not a live in home.

-GG

I need to clear something up about this statement. I was on my way out to work this morning and may not have worded it correctly. I was not arguing with Mike, or anyone, about having sympathy for the owners of the house. I was merely trying to make the point that they do not live there. All the media except channel 26 have made it sound like it is their full time residence - it is not. I've only seen them there once on one weekend for the past several months. I'm sorry to Mike, or anyone else who may have assumed I was telling them they shouldn't be sympathetic to the owners. I'm not about to tell anyone how they should feel about anything, its too subjective and that wasn't my point.

-GG

Who the hell cares if it's a weekend getaway home. They now hear the constant roar of a coaster train and screams 10 feet from their house. How can you say it's not a big deal for them. I hope a concrete factory opens up 10 feet from your house. Maybe you'll understand then.

Regardless of if they have an axe to grind with Fertida, few people in the world have ever had a 100 foot tall coaster built 10 feet from their house. And I'd assume they all complained about it.

-r

Again, my statement was worded incorrectly. I was merely trying to provide the fact that they do not live there. Whether that makes a difference to anyones opinion is up to them, but the fact should be out there for people who have fun debating over this topic.

-GG

Work out or do exercises for your neck before riding. LOL It's gonna test it to the limits.

I wished it wouldve sprinkled enough to get the tracks wet and wild when I rode today. Hey, I forgot I bought the all-day/all-rides pass (including Bullet) ... maybe I'll go back out there tonite ... hehe

If you were complaining about the roughness with it dry...you probably don't want to ride it wet.

I thought the turns were actually less rough wet, but the bigger elements were much more rough! After 101 rides and being very sore on Friday (which I have posted about before) I don't have any soreness at all today. Its not really that bad, and I rode in the back seat for my 13 of my last 14 in a row. Admittedly, I do fill up the seat a bit more than most!

-GG

I was out there tonight, Rode 20 times now standing at 35 rides:) I enjoyed being out there the ride ops are cool! That is when they want, 2 said "You can stay in your seat as long as no one is in line!" Still i got off every 3 times to stretch legs, drink water...etc. A new group ops comes and EVERY get's off No re rides! WTH? We asked one of the guys and said the same thing(no one in line...ride again.) I'm scratching my head.

A new group ops comes and EVERY get's off No re rides! WTH? We asked one of the guys and said the same thing(no one in line...ride again.) I'm scratching my head.

They are all training in shifts so some are just learning the rules and others are not. They'll all get the hang of it down the road. Its good they are training more, the initial crew was working their butts off, 12+ hours a day for the first few days.

How was it riding compared to previous days?

-GG

A new group ops comes and EVERY get's off No re rides! WTH? We asked one of the guys and said the same thing(no one in line...ride again.) I'm scratching my head.

They are all training in shifts so some are just learning the rules and others are not. They'll all get the hang of it down the road. Its good they are training more, the initial crew was working their butts off, 12+ hours a day for the first few days.

How was it riding compared to previous days?

-GG

I would say today was the best ride! The train was quite empty for 30 mins or so, The employees on the ride outnumbered the guests for awhile. They did have some "malfunctions" Train SPEEDS into station without stopping(or maybe slowed alittle) at brake run, Train didn't make it back into station correctly, Seat 1 stopped at gate5 and the guy kept yelling "Turn it on and off!" Lapbars didn't always release, they would have to "lift up" the yellow manual release. Only 1 train, but no more than even 1 train wait, Train on transfer track was getting some work(on lapbars)

I heard a very intersting comment today... There is a guy who checks up every 20 mins or so and quizes the employees and walks with a clipboard. A man comes up to him and says "Are you the manager!?" Guy replies "Yes" The man starts bickering that "NO WHERE ON THE SIGNS does it say you need a ticket..." There is a "Every rider must have ticket or wristband" sign on the entrance! I can't understand, Some people. Today they stopped a train halfway cause a lady had a giant purse. Duh" Secure loose articles!" No one reads or hears or sees anyone else putting up purses.

My neck pain is all gone. Just my ribs are a little sore now. Good nights rest will take care of that.

What does the ride feel like when a fresh application of oil/grease is applied to the track on a hot sunny day?

Today when I rode it when it was dry but it was movin' fast, I guess. No mph announcements.

I bet it picks up speed and rides smooth when the train is max'd with persons near 200 lbs or better.

I was out there tonight, Rode 20 times now standing at 35 rides:) I enjoyed being out there the ride ops are cool! That is when they want, 2 said "You can stay in your seat as long as no one is in line!" Still i got off every 3 times to stretch legs, drink water...etc. A new group ops comes and EVERY get's off No re rides! WTH? We asked one of the guys and said the same thing(no one in line...ride again.) I'm scratching my head.

20 times w/ breaks in between?? JEEZA CRISE

I thought the turns were actually less rough wet, but the bigger elements were much more rough! After 101 rides and being very sore on Friday (which I have posted about before) I don't have any soreness at all today. Its not really that bad, and I rode in the back seat for my 13 of my last 14 in a row. Admittedly, I do fill up the seat a bit more than most!

-GG

Well that's hopeful and looking forward to a wet run! Isn't that freeze frame camera somewhere in the middle of the course in a shaded area?

Well that's hopeful and looking forward to a wet run! Isn't that freeze frame camera somewhere in the middle of the course in a shaded area?

The camera is after that drop that goes under the station, it is under the station.

Safe to start your pose at the bottom of that drop.

-GG

The camera is after that drop that goes under the station, it is under the station.

Safe to start your pose at the bottom of that drop.

-GG

Funny story. Before the official remover of the chain off the entrance gate worker opened the ride, I walked over to the freeze frame window. It was snapshot of a little girl with her head bent at 45 degrees (???) with a comatose look on her face but with her eyes open.

The reporter says "now that Astroworld is closed the Bullet is one of Houston's biggest roller coasters". I just have one question, I want to know were the other ones are at?

There's one at the iTZ's on the northwest side and one at Zuma on the north side.

Both are kiddie steelies.

When you ride El Toro, you will not be riding a woodie. I dont want to start the debate over but, riding that actually feels like 100% steel. I dont care if it is considered a woodie but if that same coaster, with the same dimensions and built by the same company and had the same trains but was made out of 100% wood, it would be rough just like the others. I know people say voyage is made the same way but I have never ridden that one but it is next on my list.

^^ Kentucky Rumbler is phenomenal. Saying it is boring is simply untruthful. You could not like it, but if the Rumbler is boring, you must be bored on 90% of all coasters you ride. If you equate "smooth" to "boring", then I guess you hate all steel coasters except Vekomas.

What is it you like in coasters if Kentucky Rumbler is boring? I take it you absolutely loved Voyage? You're bored if the coaster doesn't violently through you around the entire time?

Boardwalk Bullet is hardly boring, but that doesn't make it great. I'm amazed at all the talk of a 6 day old coaster being rough. Not good!

And for those expecting it to smooth out as it breaks in... are you insane! It's only downhill from here smoothness-wise. The only thing that will get a bit better is if the banked turns are taken at a better speed, so the banking is justified.

-rastus

are people really complaining because there doing what you have to do at every major theme park, get off the ride and walk back through the station, even if there is no line?

why are we trying to find things wrong with the coaster, let the stupid news deal with that. Just enjoy it because its the only coaster we got for almost 300 miles. If you complain then it will only lead to more rules being enforced and who knows they could go crazy and add mid brakes like crazy so please for the coasters sake , just ride and enjoy.

as for the people living near by, i know they did not always have peace, think about all the cars coming to and from Kemah, think about the boats, add concerts, fireworks, noise period...besides eventually you get used to the noise, how else do people live near airports or for that matter other theme parks, you deal with it and move on.