TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Thorpe Park Fright Nights

More images and review http://www.themeparkmania.co.uk

Link on homepage and on Thorpe Park page

It was quite quiet yesterday which was a bit of a surprise

The Asylum: The mental patients have taken over once again, but this time, they're scarier than ever. With new shortcuts and devices to scare the living daylights out of you, this is a must do attraction during Fright Nights.

Please note: This is a very popular attraction and at times the queue can exceed 2 hours.

Tip: try to visit just before closing time as many people will have already left the park and the queue should cut down a lot.

Hellgate: The true terror of this maze was unbelievable. This house has always scared, and always will.

Se7en: Personally I find this maze to be the least scary of them all. It is based on the seven deadly sins. Guests must navigate their way through before bursting out of the exit.

Park Wide: Much effort has been put into this years event compared to before. The fog has a park wide creepy atmosphere. Colossus was lit up in its usual fantastic way and spider webs had infested the park. The music has all changed once again and my favourite change of music has to be Rush.

Queue times:

Vortex 20 minutes

Zodiac 0 minutes

Rush 15 minutes

Colossus 30 mins (1 train)

Samurai Closed

Slammer Closed

Loggers Leap 5 mins

Nemesis Inferno 30 minutes (1 train)

Detonator 5 minutes

Rapids 0 minutes

Stealth 30 minutes (1 train)

Tidal Wave 0 minutes (1 boat)

Asylum 15 minutes

Se7en 15 minutes

Hellgate 5 minutes

That was a bit freaky!

The Asylum is crazy!

Stealth whilst it was broken - I was on the first train after it opened

Stealth at night

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ don't do se7en last.

Of all the rides in the dark i was very surprised that Zodiac (the enterprise) looked the best while on it. Stealth did look good but they could have made it red strobe with fog and a lightning strike when you reached the top with ghosts you pass though on the launch and a bloodbath slash down on the way back or something. Seriously though they should have lit it up red

Hellgate made me very very happy, they use parts of the x:/nwo queue even something i never thought i would see move again

And finally the best bit of the day was i did the drop tower twice without leaving my seat. One day i will get genuine ERT but until then this will do!

Of all the rides in the dark i was very surprised that Zodiac (the enterprise) looked the best while on it. Stealth did look good but they could have made it red strobe with fog and a lightning strike when you reached the top with ghosts you pass though on the launch and a bloodbath slash down on the way back or something. Seriously though they should have lit it up red

From looking at other people's pictures Thorpe have stepped up the theming this year, it's a shame that Stealth isn't more themed. All I've heard is about the body bags in the queue line but judging from the pictures divyking posted it doesn't look like alot of work has gone into the theming of it.

Does anyone know if Thorpe went through with putting scare-actors on Loggers Leap? I know they were testing public reactions in the summer but I haven't heard anything about if they did add them for Fright Nights.