TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come be filmed on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet!

True! Waterpark would probably win out, 'specially since it's in the general vacinity. And WHO wud pass up an indoor water park ANYway??!! I really don't like trying to get downtown anyhow, if we (my hubby & I) ever go anywhere it's the opposit direction.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re: kiddie credits

The coaster at iT'z is open to adults with no need to kidnap a toddler to ride with you.

The other coaster at Zuma is REALLY hard to get a credit on, as they only open it when they feel like it, and unless it's crowded that day, they usually don't bother.

I've been there (or been by there) several times and have yet to get the dang credit.

The coaster at iT'z is open to adults with no need to kidnap a toddler to ride with you.

The other coaster at Zuma is REALLY hard to get a credit on, as they only open it when they feel like it, and unless it's crowded that day, they usually don't bother.

I've been there (or been by there) several times and have yet to get the dang credit.

Man I drive by IT'Z all the time and have wondered what was going on in that place. Sounds pretty cool, I need to hit that up.

Really? They wouldn't let me on it with two 6 year old friends of the family last time I was there. Of course, I was afraid it wouldn't even make it up the lifthill with me aboard.

The indoor DiskO there is quite fun, however, with little to no line.

I've never been to Zuma.

Since we tend to avoid Houston unless it's a "have to" case, where are iT'Z & zuma located? Thanks.

If you are coming for Kema, ITZ might be out of the way. It's located off of HWY 249, just north(I believe) of FM 1960, right in front of the Aerodrome. Hope that helps

Since we tend to avoid Houston unless it's a "have to" case, where are iT'Z & zuma located? Thanks.

If you are coming for Kema, ITZ might be out of the way. It's located off of HWY 249, just north(I believe) of FM 1960, right in front of the Aerodrome. Hope that helps

It'z is right across the highway from my hospital. Corner of 249 and 1960.

It's only as out of the way as were you plan to go at the end of the day, but unless one is just dying to get an extra (vekoma kiddie) credit, you're right that it probably isn't worth the drive. There's not much else to do there.

It'z is right across the highway from my hospital. Corner of 249 and 1960.

It's only as out of the way as were you plan to go at the end of the day, but unless one is just dying to get an extra (vekoma kiddie) credit, you're right that it probably isn't worth the drive. There's not much else to do there.

Don't wanna go too far off topic but that's 5 mins from me I need to hit that up.

I live in Houston and there is really nothing tourist wise to do. Galveston is 20 mins up the freeway and that is the Gulf of Mexico. Houston is an Oil and Gas town and we have the best restaurants, strip clubs and shopping but anything else I doubt u will find. I have never heard of the head of a family say "hey kids wanna go to Houston for Summer vacation".

Really? They wouldn't let me on it with two 6 year old friends of the family last time I was there.

I rode it a couple of times with a friend of mine who's even older than I am. We, of course, held our hands up and screamed.

I'd call the zoo, aquarium, children's museum, bayou/preserves, arboretum, etc. sort of touristy if you like educational stuff. I don't know exactly what constitutes being "touristy". Astroworld is gone but there's the water park north of Houston besides Schlitterbahn.

Houston is worth while, if you live in Texas allready but I'll admit, if I lived elsewhere I probably wouldn't go out of my way to visit, aside from Astros games! However Galveston is surely worth it if you live up north and have never been to the beach.

That's what my hubby and I were discussing the other day. Since they took Astroworld away from us, there's really not anything here I can't do elsewhere w/the exception of Moody Gardens or like you say the Galveston area. We go to San Antonio to do things since really that's about the only place to do things or visit fun or interesting places. Unless you go to Marfa to see the 'lights'. Or just keep going & eventually get to San Diego or some place along the coast.

That's what my hubby and I were discussing the other day. Since they took Astroworld away from us, there's really not anything here I can't do elsewhere w/the exception of Moody Gardens or like you say the Galveston area. We go to San Antonio to do things since really that's about the only place to do things or visit fun or interesting places. Unless you go to Marfa to see the 'lights'. Or just keep going & eventually get to San Diego or some place along the coast.
Most museums and other "educational" vists are mostly once a year things for me. They are boring! However the museum of fine arts is good! That is my favorite.

If I have my choice, I'd rather visit theme parks, caves/natural wonders or phenomena; haunted or creepy/unusual places; strange/unusual roadside attractions like carhenge, biggest ball of yarn or biggest cedar bucket, etc. Or visit neat historic places like Eureka Springs as opposed to museums but it depends on the type of museum.

Theres the Armand Bayou nature reserve just down from Kemah. Its free and a nice way to spend some time. There is also The Main Event entertainment complex about 15 minutes from Kemah. No kiddie coaster but a good entertainment complex with a couple of decent motion simulators and good selection of games, bowling alley, bar, etc.

I take friends from out of state by Fry's Electronics if they have never been to one (most of my friends are electronics geeks like myself . The one in Clear Lake, about 10 minutes from Kemah, has a 1:1 scale model of the completed space station mounted on the roof of the store which is pretty neat.

And about the air conditioning, the Starbucks opens pretty early at the Boardwalk so they might get air conditioning in there by 8am and they can always hang out in the hotel lobby before then.

-GG

Well I am sure there are a lot of things here to do but if u have traveled as much as some people have, this isn't like California or Florida. This is truly a business/convention town. The Galleria is our biggest Mall worth possibly going to but I doubt that anyone who is coming here for the taping is going to be impressed with H-town. Now if you want to move here then yes, this is the only major city where you can get a 4500 sq.ft home for $200,000.00.

Yeah, I'm trying not to jinx it by saying too much in anticipation over the dino-park.....

...but everything I've read says that they will have rollercoasters. Notice that the word is PLURAL.

Kinda drifting off topic....

I wouldn't get your hopes up:

"I liked the look of the community," he said. "The land was completely undeveloped. We want to celebrate nature. This is not a theme park. This is something that hasn't been done before. We want to keep it as pristine as we can."