TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Herschend park

I've been wondering lately about which Herschend park is the best and since I've never been to a Herschend park I've been looking at photo's and reports but I cant work out which ones better so I decided to ask for others opinions!

(For those who dont know the Herschend parks are Silver dollar city, Dollywood and Celebration city)

I'm guessing that Celebration city will be the least popular (it still looks like a fantastic park) but I cant have no idea about the other two ( Dollywood and Silver dollar city)

(I did a search and found nothing but if its already been posted, tell me)

Thanks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough one...all the Herschend parks are AMAZING!

IMO the two main Herschend parks (SDC and DW) are about on par with each other. Oddly enough Celebration City has never really built up a following here or elsewhere...it just doesn't seem to fit with the other two.

Going by just ride selection Dollywood is the winner. As for food, live entertainment, employees, etc as far as I can tell the two parks are on the same level.

That said, I have to give the overall edge to Silver Dollar City because it supposedly retains some of the little atmospheric things that Dollywood has lost over the years.

Celebration City is fun, but far behind the other two (which is to be expected). If Dollywood had not removed their Flooded Mine and haunted shack (whatever it was called), they would be the clear winner for me. As it is, Silver Dollar City gets my vote.

I can't say for sure, as I've only been to SDC and CC, but I've always heard that SDC has a small lead on DW, just because SDC has a fully implemented theme. Everywhere you go in SDC, you feel a complete park experience, and it's like nothing you can find anywhere else. DW seems to have become more of a theme park in general, although it still looks fantastic. Just look at SDC's eateries - each one has it's own individual story with real life characters.

The addition of MM makes the choice even harder, but I still think SDC has a little pwnage on DW.

SDC City wins becasue it actually has themed Screamin Swings, a bridge over basically a forest. They both have two very very different rides (MM and PK) and I give the advantage to PK because its really long and its crazy on airtime.

SDC is just a great park, and there isnt one thing I didnt like about it

Having been to both SDC and Dollywood, I'd have to say my vote goes to Dollywood. While both parks are great, Dollywood seemed to have a better staff, more of a down-to-earth feel, and I like it's location more than Branson.

They both have their pros and cons, though.

(For those who dont know the Herschend parks are Silver dollar city, Dollywood and Celebration city)

Oh so I guess Crossroads doesnt count? Just because its coasterless doesnt not make it a cool park.... That Herschend owns/runs.

Anyways.. I have been to Silver Dollar City, Celebration City, and Crossroads.

SDC wins.. yay

Oh so I guess Crossroads doesnt count? Just because its coasterless doesnt not make it a cool park.... That Herschend owns/runs.

Anyways.. I have been to Silver Dollar City, Celebration City, and Crossroads.

SDC wins.. yay

The crossroads? To be honest I've never heard of it and I did check Herschends site in case I missed any...

www.hfecorp.com/Brands/

... I basically counted the parks with 'theme park' underneath it however if your favorite Herschend park is'nt a theme park you could say it anyway, I dont mind! I'd like to see others opinions!

EDIT- Are you talking about Stone mountain park?

You have to go to SDC. The whole park just feels so completely themed, the rides are awesome, and it has a cave. Oh yeah, the food is great too. Just make sure to ride PK a few times.

Wait. I haven't been to DW. I shouldn't even be advising you.

SDC is the best park IMO. However, DW has better cast members. By that I mean so many of them are ultra enthusiastic, Miss Lillian, and really play the Appalacian hillbilly part to the max. SDC does have some great cast members, but I always feel like they hire senior citizens who can't afford to be retired. Nothing wrong with that, just that DW's employees add a bit more to my day at the park.

Coaster wise the parks are equal due to DW's new MM.

Overall PKeg is my favorite of the parks' coasters. OzCat and Thunderhead are both winners. Call me crazy but I like OzCat better. Wildfire is amazing but so is TT. If SDC puts in a MM of their own, I will be a season pass holder.

SDC is the best park IMO. However, DW has better cast members. By that I mean so many of them are ultra enthusiastic, Miss Lillian, and really play the Appalacian hillbilly part to the max. SDC does have some great cast members, but I always feel like they hire senior citizens who can't afford to be retired. Nothing wrong with that, just that DW's employees add a bit more to my day at the park.

Yeah, but the reason SDC's employees are usually so old is because many of them have been there for 30+ years or so. I believe over half of their employees have been there 20 years or more. Nobody seems to want to quit!

They're still really nice people though, and if you ever get to talking about SDC's past with them, boy do they have some stories.