TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

AirLess A b&m hyper [ nl coaster ]

Hi,

I have been working on this for a while.

This coaster is 82 meters high.

It has a lot of zero- g's- hills.

it also has few banked and inclined turn.

it first drop is unique!

it is a twisted drop!!

So,

This time, I WANT COMMENT,

Thank you.

jpdupuis

AirLess.JPG.c01daa4ac278abd4c46ad8a44aa7c2e8.JPG

AirLess, in its first drop

AirLess.nltrack

Airless,

My nl coaster

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad coaster but it is pretty airless. And here were a few pumping issues. And why were there trims on the bottom of the first drop? And one last thing, on the approach to the lift I would recomend using tires and not LIMs B&M Uses LIMs to slow down the trains on the final brake run.

Overall: Okay, But not great.

Thank you,

I worked on it, I putted some terratextures and I changed the LIM

So,

Here is the new result.

P.S the brake at the bottom is acting like a captor, if I don't put it, the next train is stopping at the top of the lift.

But do not worry, I doesn't slow down the train!!

AirLess.nltrack

It wasn't bad... It did have its issues, though. (Like any coaster)

First of all, your lead-ins were weird. They seemed to bank one way and then bank the other. It seemed like it was the product of bad AHGing.

Also, you should have put in a full break run, because that little 'dummy' block would not actually stop a coaster without hurting someone. You need a full block section (for safety and practicality reasons). With the little dummy block, you kinda cheated the system.

And another big thing is that the final break run slowed the train down at 2.0 acceleration g's! That would hurt, bad! So just make sure to lengthen your break runs in the future.

You had some other minor things that I don't feel like explaining because they weren't really effecting the 'big picture'.

So it had it's issues, but it wasn't all that bad! But for future reference, don't use pre-fabs!

It wasn't bad... It did have its issues, though. (Like any coaster)

First of all, your lead-ins were weird. They seemed to bank one way and then bank the other. It seemed like it was the product of bad AHGing.

Also, you should have put in a full break run, because that little 'dummy' block would not actually stop a coaster without hurting someone. You need a full block section (for safety and practicality reasons). With the little dummy block, you kinda cheated the system.

And another big thing is that the final break run slowed the train down at 2.0 acceleration g's! That would hurt, bad! So just make sure to lengthen your break runs in the future.

You had some other minor things that I don't feel like explaining because they weren't really effecting the 'big picture'.

So it had it's issues, but it wasn't all that bad! But for future reference, don't use pre-fabs!

Ummm isn't the point of a dummy block to cheat the system? Heck every rocket coaster has a block border at the op of the tophat as far as the ride's computer is concerned. Why? Because once one train clears that, another train can be safely moved to the preceding block. BUT the placement of the dummy block could have been in a better place such as the top of the next hill.

^No, because the dummy block is too short and in the wrong place. And it's a DUMMY block.

But with rocket coasters, do you see another train launch as soon as the train before it clears the top? No. The train might be able to move to the launch, but it's not able to go through the process of actually launching until the train before it clears either the MCBR or the final brakes.

To put it simply, they should have used a MCBR instead of the small dummy block.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why don't we just agree to disagree? You can have your way of making coasters and I'll have mine.

Vekoma Fan Boy, no one will be able to agree on your theories of dummy blocks, you're just plain wronk. You simply cannot have a block brake which is incapable of entirely stopping the train under any circumstances! You also seem to mess up blocks with trims.

In other words:

Block brakes MUST be able to completely stop the train. There are no exceptions! Also, any halted train on a block brake MUST be able to complete the rest of the circuit on its own, after releasing the brakes again.