TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin seatbelts?

I remember hearing something on these boards about the repair/maintenance procedures for the Intamin belts. Something about how they vary in length because they cut frayed or stretched out belts instead of replacing the whole thing.

I do agree they should all be the same length. Talking from strickly a customer service standpoint, it's not really fair for someone who can fit into the test seat correctly, to have an issue once they get to the platform. That negates the purpose of the test seat.

One more point...

Back before they changed the boats on Perilous Plunge and still had those racing-style belts, I saw a lot of kids that were too skinny to ride. So I suppose it works in both ways. Its just one of those things that comes with building bigger and wilder rides.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To throw more fuel on the fire...

GCII has this problem with their retraints as well.

You can fit fine on one row, but ride farther up or back and you might be too big to fit the restraint.

From my undetstanding it's because every train is handbuilt/custom built.

I didn't have that problem in April since I've lost the weight, but I know bigger people do (and I did in 2005). But I think I was always able to get at least one click.

After reading this tread from start to now, there are two things I have learnt.

One, loose weight before invading the USA next year.

Two, the OTSR that we have here on Superman: The Escape seem to be suited for the bigger gents, as I have seen some people that would have to be over the 130kg mark ride the coaster.

Even myself, while pushing 120kg, can still ride with comfort and without having to squeeze myself into the seat.

Think it is more an issue of body size rather than body mass....

bgwfreak wrote:

Ok, so I'm a dork.....I should have known GCII trains, MF trains correct?...duh...lol....Are the restraints that different from the PTC ones? I haven't been on o MF train yet but the PTC ones I have plenty of room.....

bgwfreak wrote:

Ok, so I'm a dork.....I should have known GCII trains, MF trains correct?...duh...lol....Are the restraints that different from the PTC ones? I haven't been on o MF train yet but the PTC ones I have plenty of room.....

In my experience, yes the Millennium Flyer trains are much tighter than PTCs.

I don't know why that is, but when I was at my heaviest (around 300) I could barely fit on a flyer and could easily fit on a PTC.

But now I don't have to worry about it anymore thank the Lord.

Very true IMO. The Intamin's seem to be very tight in the thigh area more than the stomach itself. If you lose weight then you'll lose in your gut mostly, but I found it really harder because I have bigger legs than an average guy. But I still fit. I'm about a 38 inch waist to give you an idea, with bigger than normal legs.

American rides overall seem to be more strict than say Europe which seems to be a bit more relaxed.

bgwfreak wrote:

In my experience, yes the Millennium Flyer trains are much tighter than PTCs.

I don't know why that is, but when I was at my heaviest (around 300) I could barely fit on a flyer and could easily fit on a PTC.

But now I don't have to worry about it anymore thank the Lord.

Very true IMO. The Intamin's seem to be very tight in the thigh area more than the stomach itself. If you lose weight then you'll lose in your gut mostly, but I found it really harder because I have bigger legs than an average guy. But I still fit. I'm about a 38 inch waist to give you an idea, with bigger than normal legs.

American rides overall seem to be more strict than say Europe which seems to be a bit more relaxed.

Maybe because Americans love to sue?