TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GA/FL Coaster Trip May 18-20 2007/Day One

I, Rob, and my buddy Scott (coasterfreak80) left Atlanta on May 18 at 6 am and drove to Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA. When we arrived at the park at 10 am, it was pretty dead and we got "Rock Star parking". Upon arriving in the park, we got our first credit of the day on Ant Farm Express. We headed right next door to Bug Out which was good considering that the only Wild Mouse we have previously been on was Wild Lighting at Lake Winnie. Next was Swamp Thing, the most boring suspended coaster ever! Tiger Terror was a walk-on. All kiddie coasters featured two circuits: a good thing. Boomerang was next on the list with only a brief wait. Next up, we headed to Cheetah. This woodie had plenty of airtime, even in the front row, however the figure-eight finale was brutal on your back and butt. We did, however, give it a second chance and rode closer to the back. Hangman was next, which was the longest wait of the day, considering the park ops only ran one train. We missed two credits due to Fiesta Express and Gold Rush being temporarily out of service. After obtaining as many credits as possible, we decided to hit any open flat rides, which were limited due to most rides being out-of-service. Double Shot, a small air-lauched tower ride was okay. The Aviator was wicked high and freaky as h*ll. The best ride in the park (according to Scott) was Power Surge, a Zamperla out-of-control spinning flat ride. Overall this park wasn't the greatest but it was on the way to Florida and was not far off the interstate. (See photos below).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to wild adventures a few times. Nothing great. They try to theme but dont do it that well. Coasters are lack luster. Staff wasnt good. Ill prolly go back b/c its only about an hour from my house. Looking forward to the rest of the photos

Oh here it is haha...

Great TR. Being a Wild Adventures Fanboy (only because it is the closest themepark to me), I do have to say that it isn't that bad of a park. It's not the best, but it is not bad at all. I do agree though that Cheetah sucks, only if you're sitting in the back... Well GREAT TR.

Well Wild Adventures is my home park (By only 2 miles otherwise USO/IOA would be). Actually we found that the Boomerang and SLC were quite good for those models. We still are missing the Cheetah and Mine Train credits though. It might be a long while before we go back and try to get those. Did you ride the Insect-O-Slide?

Erik, no we didn't get a chance to ride the slide. We weren't really looking to spend a lot of time there. We popped in, got our credits and then left. We missed our Gold Rush and Fiesta Express credits which sucked because I would have actually gotten my 50th credit that trip.

The Florida pics are under the same heading (GA/FL Trip May 18-20, Day Two and Day Three.) You can look them up by my screen name. Thanks!