TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Letter to Cedar Fair

Take out Dragon Fire and replace it with a B&M floorless. That's what I would like to see happen to the park.

Not enough room.

The spot Dragon Fire is on could be used for a family coaster, or a spinner. But a big floorless wouldn't fit there.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am curious to see now what CF's next step will be. Do they ignore Kings Island, Wonderland, Geagua Lake and Michigan's Adventure while continuing to pump money into Cedar Point? OR, do they evenly try to improve all the surrounding parks. Regardless, they are not going to want any of their parks to suffer because competition from within. On the other hand, every park could and probably will see a drop in new additions because...really...aside from a few parks....what competition do they have?

Um, CF dosen't neglect parks like Paramount or Six Flags. All CF parks recieve something new in a two or three year period.

Right On, but hey at least yall got new stuff like the Italian Job, but we (Carowinds) got used stuff, lets see BORG, water slides, and I beleve some of the "new" kiddie rides were used. Now Im not complaing because we did get Top Gun:The Jet Coaster back in 1999. but I dont the the BORG runs a lot of full days plus they took out the island, and gave us concret, YES!!!! great trade off. but anyways I personally cant wait to see whats in store for all the old Paramount Parks in the next few years. And I hope we all get something NEW.

There's an edit button you know.

And for us enthusiasts, maybe Wonderland doesn't have the thrills that we'd like to see in other parks. But like Carnage [i think it was Carnage] said, the vast majority of Wonderland-goers have no clue that there are other parks in the world, or better coasters. Hell, a lot of people apparently don't even know about Darien Lake, and that's only about two hours away.

If the park is constantly packed, makes a ton of money, and is generally enjoyed by the ever-growing GTA population, what motivation does Cedar Fair have for making any big investments in it? None!

I've come to terms with it. I think that others need to, as well.

^ It's a very small minority that complains about Wonderland.

It's a much different market up here.

It's not like the Ohio market where people get really pissy if a new ride isn't put in every other year.

Really? Thats something new to me...I never noticed anyone around here getting pissy when CP took their 4 year break from coasters or when GL's last coaster was back in 2000.

Really? Thats something new to me...I never noticed anyone around here getting pissy when CP took their 4 year break from coasters or when GL's last coaster was back in 2000.

Maybe that's just my perception. But it sure seems like people in the major US markets start to complain if parks go untouched for a year or two.

I don't know if Ohio people get pissy when an Ohio park doesn't add a new coaster for 2 years, but I do know they get overly excited when one of their parks does get a new coaster, even if that new coaster is coming from another Ohio park.