TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Semi-Official Epcot Meetup Details and Rollcall

Due to the possiblity of a good sized group and the mixed results of the poll, I am going to move forward with Epcot on Monday 5/30/2005. While the Water Park/Sea World combo was very popular, it may be difficult for people who do not have season passes. So here is the deal.

Where: Epcot - Orlando, FL

When: Monday May 30th, 2005

Who: Everybody

Meet Times:

8:00 Mission Space (Hotel guests only)

9:15 Mission Space

7:00 Japan Teppanyaki Restaurant (Group reservation required)

Details:

Join the "Theme Park Review" community, and put faces to names as we enjoy one of the most lavishly themed parks in the Disney chain.

Plans Include:

A relaxing day of enjoying several of the wonderful attractions

A sit-down meal

and Illuminations

You need only purchase your ticket (or present a season pass) to attend. This is not an offical event and has no ties to themeparkreview.com, coasterfanatics.com, or Disney.

If you are under the age of 16, please have an adult with you if you wish to join us for a "Day at Epcot". Email tedcromwell@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Epcot will be open from 9am-9pm on this day (5/30/05). An Extra Magic Hour is in effect if you staying at one of the resorts. If you arranging for someone to pick you up at the park, please keep in mind that Illuminations runs till around 9:20 and is all the way in the back of the park.

Sign up below (each person individually) and number your name to keep a running tally. Also, please note which meet times you will be at.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPCOT Meet Roll Call:

1. Ted Cromwell (Space @ 9:15am, Dinner @ 7:15 meet)

2. Catrina DeGarmo (Space @ 9:15am, Dinner @ 7:15 meet)

3. Robb Alvey (Dinner @ 7:15 meet)

4. Elissa Alvey (Dinner @ 7:15 meet)

5. Jon LoCoco (Dinner @ 7:15 meet)

6. Reed (Dinner maybe earlier)

7. Stacy (Dinner maybe earlier)

8. Jeff's Group (Dinner)

9. Jeff's Group (Dinner)

10. Jeff's Group (Dinner)

11. Justin (Dinner)

12. Jordan (Dinner, maybe earlier)

13. RCTFan

14. CoasterG

Ehh I don't think Im going to be able to make it. Sorry dude but as much as I would like to come, I dont have an adult that wants to spend a day at epcot with my (my parents HATE theme parks...). But tell you what, I think a meet at BGT sometime in early june would work out better for me. Maybe Ill start a suggestion topic for it. But thanks for organizing a FL meet! Sorry I can't make it...

Colin C

The day at Epcot meeting on Monday sounds great...except that we won't be able to make it. At least not until dinner time.

Looks as though that is the day we're going to end up at Typhoon Lagoon for most of the morning/early afternoon.

And since we're not staying on property, it doesn't help us much with the extra magic hour. And when you can't get there for the extra hour, there's nothing worse than showing up at Epcot for normal opening time and finding out the first fastpass you can get for Test Track or Mission:Space isn't until 4pm because the rest were taken during that magic hour.

BUT! We are planning to have dinner at EPCOT in the Japan pavilion and see Illuminations that night.

Japan Teppanyaki Restaurant:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=TeppanyakiDiningRoomDiningPage

So if we can get at least 8 people that are interested, we'll make dinner reservations for the Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant at 7:30pm and take over one (or more) of the teppanyaki tables, then we can all go see Illuminations together after dinner.

So I recommend a couple of meeting times:

8:00 at Mission: Space for those staying on property

9:15 at Mission: Space for those that are not

7:30pm at Japan Pavilion for TPR dinner

Should there be an afternoon meeting time also?

Respond to when you think you can make it and we'll update the roll call above!

--Robb

I believe it is only available in two formats:

1. Florida Resident Epcot After 4 Annual Pass

2. Certain Convention Tickets

You might be able to grab some of those tickets off ebay or some other ticket wholesaler.

Elissa "that's all I know of, but there may be more!" Alvey

I don't think I can make this one.

BTW, if you're going to eat at Japan, they give you chopsticks to eat. Robb likes chopsticks. Robb and chopsticks can't be a good combination.

^ Hey Jeff! Anyone else coming with you???

Ok, so that means we're up to 8 for dinner...I know from my rehearsal dinner that we can actually squeeze in 9 on one of the tables. If we get a good deal more people we can take over 2 tables!!!

Keep posting so I know if I need to add another table! They were already filling up when I called!

Elissa "This should be fun!" Alvey

Checked out my schedule... got nothing planned for now... (And I'll keep it clear for now) so go ahead and count me on in, I should be able to make it. If anything should to come up I'll contact you ASAP, but for now go ahead and put me down as this sounds really awesome!

-Justin "yay! food, rides, and things that spin"

I should be able to make it, as of now I've got that day off from work, I'm a little confused about what exactly is going on though. Is there a ride meet early in the day? Or is this just dinner? If it's just dinner, this newcomer to florida is going to have to meet some people who like theme parks and find someone to come with me!

Jordan "As of now, count me in for dinner, and once I understand whats going on, i'll go from there" Gottesman

Although Robb will be at the waterpark till the evening, I will be hosting a meet at 9:15am in front of Mission Space for those who will be riding throughout the day. Depending on the crowds, we should be hitting:

Mission Space

Test Track

Ellen's Energy Adventure

El Rio de Tiempo

Maelstorm

American Adventure

Living with the Land

Journey Into Imagination

Honey, I shrunk the kids

Soaring

Living Seas

Turtle Talk

and more!!

Well, my schedule didn't have the day on it, so I've gotta wait until next Sunday to get the official word. I'm gonna put the day off in tomorrow when I get to Epcot. If not, you can come to Turtle Talk while I work and I'll host it for all you! It'd be like I was there, but not! Huzzah.

If my schedule remains the same, I won't be able to make a 7:30 dinner since they have me working until 7:45. I'm going to try to get an approved early release of 7:15, giving me time to bolt over to Japan. I'll keep ya posted!