TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Best Morgan Hyper Coaster

Which Morgan Hyper Coaster is the Best?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which Morgan Hyper Coaster is the Best?

• Mamba
    • Phantom's Revenge
    • Steel Dragon 2000
    • Steel Eel
    • Steel Force
    • Superman el Último Escape
    • Wild Thing

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Well first of all, Wild Thing doesn't have the longest weightless zone (Superman the Escape if I'm correct holds the record).

Second of all, from my opinion, Wild Thing is rated 'tame' because of the highly trimmed mid course brakes.

Third, most people would prefer a full sized second drop with more airtime, rather than floater airtime.

To me, Wild Thing is a fantastic, but it just isn't the same as the other Morgan Hypers (I'm guessing. Wild Thing's the only Morgan Hyper I've been on).

For the Phantom's Revenge concern, it's considered these days, a Morgan Hyper. In my way of thinking, Arrow made Steel Phantom. Morgan later edited Steel Phantom in their own way, and became Phantom's Revenge. I hope that answers those questions.

For the Phantom's Revenge concern, it's considered these days, a Morgan Hyper. In my way of thinking, Arrow made Steel Phantom. Morgan later edited Steel Phantom in their own way, and became Phantom's Revenge. I hope that answers those questions.

Plus Arrow and Morgan use very similar track styles. So I have no problem with calling PR a Morgan.

Though why haven't they used the trains from PR on any of their other rides? Or have they and I just don't realize it? I really like the restraints on PR.

Whether or not you consider Phantom's Revenge a "true" Morgan, there's no denying how awesome it is; I've ridden Steel Phanton, and, honestly, I thought it was pretty lame.

I have a question about PR, though - where did those trains/restraints come from? Are those restraints used on any other coaster?

^Ditto, those trains are just arrow corkscrew trains with a different body and restraint system. Imo, those are the most comfortable restraints and seats in the world. I think the B&M hyper restraints would be the second most comfortable.

I have a question though, who built the new shells for the Phantom? I say Morgan if I had to guess because they manufacture their own trains, but so do many other companies.