• On30
    • On3
    • On2
    • Other (specify)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some Norwegian trains in HO scale, but no layout. At the moment Im working on a diorama to practice making landscape and stuff. Heres how far I am at the moment.

Oh and I posted a picture of the pride of my tiny collection...

(sorry about the crappy quality of the pictures, but the light is really bad in that room)

tog1.jpg.e85e9eaab52145e116455634dc2e1ffa.jpg

dio1.jpg.6e7df6893bdf1faa5c71076f569e0908.jpg

I run 1:16th scale locomotives, mostly narrow gauge style locos, Although I have aquired quite alot of american-esque rolling stock, so it could lead me to buying a D&RG Sandy River

My dad and I do the occational bit in the bigger stuff, Here's an 0-4-0 electric chassis we started a while back to run on either 5 inch or 7 1/4 gauge track, just never got round to completing it.

It needs a good clean up, and a set of dummy axle boxes to go on the side.

I have also had N gauge, and HO gauge layouts, but I got rid of them, for the larger stuff.

^a british company called Hornby makes OO (Pretty much the same scale as HO just its 4mm to the foot instead of 3.9mm) scale live steam models, you can buy a set with everything you need plus a 3.5x8 foot aval of track for around $800. I'm thinking of saving myt money but the again...

I have a bunch of HO trains, but no layout yet. The layout will go into a former Union Pacific caboose that I own (currently under restoration.)

Yeah i also have equipment but no layout, i'm going to try what Yngve (Viking86) is doing to see if i'm not going to waste money.

I had to go to work before so I voted "z" with no post.

Yes, I have always been intrigued buy that tiny, tiny scale, and it seems it's just starting to gather some steam with lots of new offerings. I picked up a micro-trains Z Scale GP35 table top set and was hooked. I have no layout just yet, but I am planning for something very soon.

Sorry for the double post.

I had to go to work before so I voted "z" with no post.

Yes, I have always been intrigued buy that tiny, tiny scale, and it seems it's just starting to gather some steam with lots of new offerings. I picked up a micro-trains Z Scale GP35 table top set and was hooked. I have no layout just yet, but I am planning for something very soon.

Is it worth it? Becuase I might pick one up myself when i have the money.

I have an HO scale model carnival/six flags in my attic. I just decided to put it all on a piece of wood so there isn't much landscaping, but we are moving soon so I don't think that I will be buying anything in the near future. It has a Faller Wilde Maus coaster, ferris wheel, carousel, hotel, grandstand, food and game booths, and more. It all started when I went to KBtoys and found the ERTL carnival set at last minute. I am so glad that I found that. Especially for $10!!!

I used to have a layout in OO scale (as thats the 'standard' scale here) but it had to go due to space constraints.

Once I have the space again, Id like to start somethig in HO scale. i choose HO scale due to the larger number of accessories and carnival rides at that scale I could get over the internet.

I saw a z-scale layout placed in a coffee table once. I would like to do something like that as well.

HO scale in the hood. I have a small layout I started in about 2002 or 2003, and I am going to tear it all out and start over again on it, since I was a n00b back then. I have...

Rock island bachmann spectrum 2-8-0

Bachmann spectrum GP30 and 35 in GN paint.

Athearn BN F45

Athearn RTR F59PHI (CDTX paint, not surfliner!)

Tons and tons of athearn BB boxcars!

thats pretty much it off the top of my head. If anyone wants to buy the amtrak F59PHI, please PM me! The price is 50$ plus shipping! It has about 5 hours orginal running time, since august of 05. I rebuilt it about a month ago, replaced the lightbulb, and motor in it. Now it doesn't screech anymore!

^Well when I get into live steam I'm still going to be working in G scale...I'd prefer not to go any smaller other than the N-scale Amtrak setup I have.

There is one commercially available g scale live steam engine i know about, it is an aristocraft 2-8-2 mikado I'm not sure whether or not someone would want it as it is BUTANE fired, and i don't think you'd be fond of the firebox exploding under some weird circumstance.

Here is a link to information on it.

Is it worth it?

Well, ever since 1986 when I saw my first Z Scale I always thought it was cool. I have been an N Scaler, but recently it started to wane on me. Buying locomotives and rolling stock because they are limited editions rather than need. So last year I noticed that Micro Trains brought out the GP35 and it got great reviews (well who doesn't) from Model Railroader. So when I moved from London to Toronto I went out and bought the set. When I got it home and hooked up I was impressed with the overall detail and performance of this tiny locomotive. This year Z will see the GP7 from AZL and GP9 from Micro Trains and Micro Trains has announced that the SD40-2 will be the next locomotive after that.

Personally I'm glad I switched.