TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Thrillville game out

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the PSP version...

RCT is funnier than this game, because here the Coasters and terrains are very simply... And there aren't many different coaster types...

Well, it's the first coaster's game for PSP, and I like making some coasters when I'm bored(the editor is very easy, but, you can't make 0g Rolls, Cobra Rolls or some "strange" inversions... you can make only vertical loops(always the same size), corsqcews and Inlines...).

I prefer RCT2...

I also think it should be pointed out that this game isn't really a "roller coaster simulator" so if you're looking for the same detailed oriented elements that make up RCT, then this game is probably not for you.

IMO, it really shouldn't be compared to RCT because it's a very different type of game.

Yes, the setting of the game is in a theme park and you can create rides, and yes it's made by the RCT3 guys, but I actually feel the game is more like Animal Crossing or Sims meets Mario Party than it is like Roller Coaster Tycoon.

What I've played of it so far I really like! But then again, I'm much more of the "casual gamer" even when it comes to roller coaster and theme park games. For example, No Limits is not the kind of game for me. Never played it, never plan on it. But ThrillVille is more of what I'd be looking for in a console theme park game as a casual gamer.

--Robb

Yes, Robb said it

The game is not a Tycoon Game, is a social simulator, but a bit strange, (where have you seen a 12 years old guy managing a theme park?) but it's a funny game.

About the rides... I can remember Corsqcrew, Launched Coaster, SitDown Coaster(Similar to Xtended), Suspended Coaster, Mine Train, Railway, Wooden Coaster and Twisted Coaster, all of them are with a rails similar to B&M ones(excep Wooden, Mine Train & RailWay), and about other rides, there are Jump2, a ride I think is called "Tango" and some more strange flat rides.

Also there are Kartings, Trampolines, and some hability games like Planes Fighting, Soccer, Destruction Derby, Jumps...

You can also select the "Training Staff" option.

If you're a mechanic, you've to make a way from Point A to Point B to repare a ride, if you're an animator, you've to dance, similar to DDR or PIU but with the bottons, and if you're a waste cleaner(I don't know how to say this in English :S) you've to clean the papers, the bottles and every things that people throw away.

Bye!

UK get this on the 1st Dec, I may get it as I love RCT3.

I played the PS2 version of the game and thought it was very good, you are limited on the coaster building as it's more of a "look after everything in the park" game.

The PSP version comes out in the UK in Feb, I'll buy the USA version if it's out before then.