TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Queen Thread

RNRC

Here you can post about (in my opinion) the best band that has ever exsisted and ever will exist.

I'll start the conversation by naming my favourite songs.

These are the days of out lives

I'm going slightly mad

Don't stop me now

Killer queen

Tie your mother down

Who wants to live forever

The invisible man

That's just a few of my favourites.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Queen but they lost it at the end. They kinda lost all the bombast and over-the-top-ishness that made them stand out in the 70's, although I do own all their records. And STILL play them regularly.

I was the only kindergartener who knew all the words to "Bo Rhap" the first time around in the 70's. Thank my brothers who are ten years older than me and got me hooked.

Their first 6 albums are classics. No contest.

They had some great songs on all their albums from that point on, but "A Night At The Opera" is one of my 10 Best Albums of all times.

I Wish Freddie were still around, but I am glad that they picked Paul Rodgers. He is as stated, "Not trying to be Freddie" but making songs his own to sing.

They (Roger, Brian, and Paul) are supposedly recording again. YAY!!!! I for one can't wait.

possibly the best SuperGroup of all time!

I was in JR high when Night at the Opera came out. It's still blows me away to hear it 30 plus years later. The engineering on the Queen LP's was far superior to anything else for its day.

give me allllllll yourrrrrr loooooooooove

to-niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

-tie your mother down (day at the races)

Some of the Best Queen Songs You'll Rarely Hear On The Radio.

I was going to say NEVER, but I have heard most of these at least once at one time or another:

Liar

Funny How Love Is

Tenement Funster/Flick Of The Wrist

The Prophet's Song (every bit as good as Bo Rhap!!!)

White Man

Drowse

It's Late (awesome)

Get Down Make Love

Let Me Entertain You

Don't Try Suicide

Calling All Girls

Hammer To Fall

Was It All Worth It?

Let Me Live

Some of the Best Queen Songs You'll Rarely Hear On The Radio.

I was going to say NEVER, but I have heard most of these at least once at one time or another:

Liar

Funny How Love Is

Tenement Funster/Flick Of The Wrist

The Prophet's Song (every bit as good as Bo Rhap!!!)

White Man

Drowse

It's Late (awesome)

Get Down Make Love

Let Me Entertain You

Don't Try Suicide

Calling All Girls

Hammer To Fall

Was It All Worth It?

Let Me Live

50% of those I've never even listened to (runs over to youtube to play the videos)

To the post above mine:

You can't go wrong with the first six Queen Albums- (though Queen II does take a few repeat listens to to "Get It")

Queen

Queen II

Sheer Heart Attack

A Night At The Opera (Best Overall Queen Album)

A Day At The Races

News Of The World

The Hits were hits and the classics still classics, but DIG DEEP- there are many surprises that are often overlooked.

I was listening to the radio the other day and a woman who had just left a funeral requested "Another One Bites The Dust." Yeah...

2 years ago we were driving back from a weekend at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. We were driving through an are where the radio was basically static or half static country music. We came across an accident that had happened about 5 - 10 minutes earlier that killed 2 people. One of whom was hanging halfway out of the minivan. Needless to say we were all quite freaked out and very quiet. About 5 minutes later the radio clears up and what do we hear - Another one bites the dust. I still can't stand to hear that song.

My favorite Queen song would have to be One Vision.

rbpia

There's too many Queen songs I like to have a favorite really. I have lots, but kudos to the post a couple above me with the reference to "Seaside Rendezvous"- That truly is a gem. So off the wall, but they pull it off in a totally authentic way. A fun song no doubt.