TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sorry for asking a stupid question but what is a CCI Woodie. I was reading that my city denied Western Playland a 20 acre expansion for a CCI Woodie. That would of been a huge boost for Western Playland because they only have one coaster made by Pinfari called the El Bandito.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say CCI reformed, 4 of the most active designers and engineers went on to form the Gravity Group, one being Larry Bill, responsible for most of CCI's best rides. Others including Denise went on to S&S Wooden Coaster Division and doing a damn good job on some of the rides I must say.

I've yet to be on a CCI or gravity group woodie, so I really don't understand what's so great about them as of right now.

I always hear about how smooth they are...sounds to me like they're trying to make them more like steel coasters, though I'll admit that's speculation for me right now.

Wouldn't say CCI reformed, 4 of the most active designers and engineers went on to form the Gravity Group, one being Larry Bill, responsible for most of CCI's best rides. Others including Denise went on to S&S Wooden Coaster Division and doing a damn good job on some of the rides I must say.

Alright I will grant you that, so no they didn't actually reform.

I have ridden some CCI woodies and I enjoy them. The only thing I really complained about is the G-Trains on Villain. They hurt!

I always hear about how smooth they are...sounds to me like they're trying to make them more like steel coasters, though I'll admit that's speculation for me right now.

Quite the contrary! The smoothness most refer to are the transitions, there aren't many uncomfortable slams, but more gradual (even if kinda quick), but there really aren't any sudden jolts on CCIs. You still get that good ole rumbling around like on other woodies, but there are far from steel smooth like the plug-n-play woodies.

I wonder that too .. since the S&S's here in the states don't run full trains, well I think the one in Washington State does .. but I'd prefer G-Trains over PTC's .. I'm not too fond of PTC's, although they do track alot better on the Legend than the G-Train did.