TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HERITAGE USA Water Park UPDATE!

Hey guys, I went up to Heritage USA yesterday to get some video and I was shocked when I saw that they have started tearing down the water park. They have also torn up a lot of the Walk Of Faith at the Upper Room. We are going back over the weekend to docu what we can of it. So far, the slides off the side of the mountain, and all the decking and buildings to the lake have been leveled. Mr. Crab is a gonner also.

Luckily, I was able to salvage some cool wooden signs before they were distroyed...like the Observation Deck one and the Sea Cave Cafe sign...among a few others:)

Here are some pics..it totally sucks!

P1010377.JPG.290f211215c9a41697e1d53b3a4b2c1e.JPG

What is left of the slides

P1010380.JPG.a16db807cd4bbf06aa1f2365b7614703.JPG

Mr. Crab after

P1010161.JPG.f8d71beb77c2f5cde12d1132dd3181a0.JPG

Mr. Crab before

P1010375.JPG.ff8ca4c1f923251a37ff2814a4caab95.JPG

Here is what is left of the slides!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, it sucks becuase Jim BAKKER really admired Walk Disney World, and based a lot of Heritage on Disney. Who knows what all would be there today if he was able to keep building. I read where he was planning a theme park itself, with a lot of Disney type dark rides based on stories of the Bible. If that fat pig Jerry Falwell had not distroyed it all, it would be ran still...by someone.

Good news is that the main hotel park and shoppes are being renovated so at least some of it will be saved.

Holla

hey,

is this the place in the north/south dakota? i think i remember seeing television reports about this being built when i was an early teenager growing up in minnesota, and i remember being so excited about it that i promised my little sister that i would take her on a road trip there as soon as i got my driver's license. now that it's being demolished, i guess that'll never happen... not to mention that i live in germany.

morgan "childhood dreams are made to be shattered" obrien

I love that picture of falwell going down the speed slide in a sunday church suit.

Too bad that thing is being torn down! It would have been nice to see it reconstructed (who knows, it might still happen?)

From the Bakker's perspective it looks like Falwell behaved quite poorly (eyes of tammy faye -- my only perspective on the Bakkers).

What's the connection between them and the TBN current crowd (the Crouches).

Seen them a few times slummin it up in Newport Beach. Dinner at the four seasons, shopping at fashion island...dang -- gonna start me my own religious t.v. show!

Jose 'glad Mrs. Crouch is free of cancer now' Eber