TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

June 23, 2005

You are a student at Midsun High School, sitting at your desk, waiting for that elusive bell to ring. You look up at the clock. 2:59. The whole class is silent. The second hand moves in slow motion past the 11 mark. 5 more seconds. 4.... 3.... 2.... 1.... SUMMER! The bell rings, and the whole class jumps out of their seats, grabs their bags, and runs out of the small school. Some head home to relax and get some well-earned sleep, some go with their friends to the mall or to the hangout at the Midsun Dump, but you and your friends are doing something completely different. You and your friends are going to Midsun Amusement Park, a small, second-rate park in the middle of the small suburban town, which is only a mile away from the high school. You all walk down the sidewalk until you get to the park entrance. You see the Boomerang peeking over the flat rides, the arcade building and Muffie's Diner, and the ferris wheel getting closer and closer. You finally reach the entrance, flash your season pass to your friend operating the turnstiles, and enter your home park. Like any coaster enthusiast super-geek, the first thing you do is whip out your digital camera, and take a few pictures of the park:

parkinglot.jpg.c424e1844b080c096512db3e7644cc4c.jpg

As you leave the park, you realize what kind of town you live in. Full of hippies and seniors. It also seems like the elementary school is here for an end-of-school party.

loggersrevenge.jpg.eeae77dd3f88716065add3b113b5db3c.jpg

The awesome kiddie coaster, Logger's Revenge, with some great themeing.

muffiesdiner.jpg.6ec25135e02cbd9336e68b02993ca077.jpg

On the way to the kiddie section of the park, you stopped for a delicious chilli dog at Muffie's.

boomerang.jpg.c5baaee8b03b7a726e8415ac28309b31.jpg

The "big" coaster at Midsun, Boomerang. You've ridden this thing over 50 times, and have the brain damage to prove it!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I'm honestly sorry about that, but I have a feeling, since I tested the other day, that the Internet is beyond repair. The computer can't even find the EXE file for it, or anything else for that matter.

On a lighter note...

Update!

July 5, 2005

You are sufing the web on your laptop at the mall, mostly on your favorite coaster sites, when your e-mail icon starts bouncing up and down on your IBook. You click on it, and find an e-mail from the Midsun Amusement Park VIP mailing list, inviting you to come down to the park today at 2 PM to find out some exciting news about the park, and asking you to answer back via e-mail. You answer it, saying that you will come, and wait anxiously for 2:00.

BIG HUGE UPDATE

July 5, 2005

You are still at the mall, walking around and stopping at various shops. You look at your wrist watch. It's 1:30 already! You all rush out of Johnny Rockets where you were eating, and jump into your 1978 Mustang that you inherited from your grandfather. You throw the old machine into gear, pull out of your spot, and drive like hell to get there in time for the announcement. While you were cutting through the side-streets because of traffic on the highway, you saw a child chatting with his mother about last nights lottery results and holding a Midsun Amusement Park baloon. You don't think much of it as you drove down Scholar Road down to the highway. You pulled into your usual spot in the Midsun Amusement Park parking lot, and jolted out of the car. You put on your VIP tag, and sprint through the turnstile. You look at your watch. 1:57. Oh, God! Only three minutes. You look around, and see a VIP tent set up around the back of the Venician Carousel. You flash your necklace, and run to a chair with your name on it. A middle-aged woman walks up on a blue stage with the Midsun logo, a sun cut in half with a roller coaster circling around it, in the front. She walks up to the microphone. "Welcome VIP guests to Midsun Amusement Park. I am Lola Farrisburg, owner of this park," she said. "We have summoned you by special invitation to give you some exciting news about the parks future. You see, I am almost addicted to gambling, and I bought a lottery ticket yesterday. As some of your may know, the numbers were 11, 20, 24, 27, and 37. Well, my lottery ticket had all five of those numbers on them. I was the sole winner and I will be collecting my 84 million dollar sum soon. The reason I have called you here is becaus I am devoting all of that money to the expansion of this park. Thank you." You stare, speechless. 84 MILLON DOLLARS!? That's a lot of money!! You get out of your seat, and hobble back to your car, your lower jaw dragging behind you. All devoted to the expansion of the Midsun Amusement Park. Imagine what 84 million dollars would do for a second-rate park!

Honestly try downloading Firefox and install that on your PC. Internet Explorer might be hosed but that isn't the only browser out there... If IE is hosed though you should probably format the machine and start over... Make sure to backup before you do that though.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

You should be able to put that on a cd or something and load it onto your machine. Hope that helps you get back on the net.

Even though my computer is beyond repair and the only thing that actually works on it is RCT2, it seems as though Midsun Amusement will be getting a lot of expansion very quickly!

September 15, 2005

You were heading to the park for a last visit before the school year began again, and you saw a large box and some wood lying around behind Big Shot, the drop tower. You took a picture with your handy camera:

woodie2.jpg.e69de508d6a0df3383c6490b8b181554.jpg

Woah! Gravity Group? What's kind of monster be here next May?

woodie1.jpg.dd4ea46eb7fe5c35bd60c0945ab2051c.jpg

Interesting. What could it be? You found that out later on Chaos. You were allowed to take your camera on the ride, and you took this picture...

April 1, 2006

After going out to the local arcade and beating the crap out of your friends at the Taiko Drum Game which was just installed, you decide to check over at Midsun to see if there has been any progress on the roller coaster construction, considering you have been busy for the past few weeks with your insane amount of homework. You enter the park, and see a sign that says, "Media Day Today! VIPs, Come Ride Grizzly!" Your eyes go wide. How could you miss the Grizzly media day memo?! You whip out your VIP necklace and digital camera. Picture time!

grizzly3.jpg.9eed94c2b0ada57e6feb2cbf5911336a.jpg

The lift hill where everyone goes "I'm really nervous for the 65 degree drop!"

grizzly1.jpg.44f9ba005b004d4420d68f04e9014f0d.jpg

The final turnaround as taken from the Chico office building, where your dad works.

grizzly2.jpg.55a4aa6c85b7453264cc3f4305527cc4.jpg

The queue line, extending out of the actual queue!

grizzly6.jpg.0969624623289d1a30b8b52f694336a6.jpg

For a last picture, the turn after the first drop, and one of the two 90 degree banked turns

grizzly5.jpg.5065d77dc507c1033b0de9c1b73276b5.jpg

The first drop where everyone goes "Wiiii!"

grizzly4.jpg.fe35a424ae87b3f49c64212db93212c5.jpg

The crazy turnaround that is really awesome!

June 29, 2006

Well, it's summer again, and you are thoroughly enjoying Grizzly and its insane airtime. For your 16th birthday, your parents and siblings got all their money together and got you a 20th scale model of Midsun, which is in your basement! The park is planning to put in a new, more sophisticated resteraunt next year, which is supposed to serve "high end theme park food", if there is such a thing. They are also planning to clean up the park and make it more tidy, and also something that is "very confidential". Lola hasn't even told some of the park executives! What could it be?

P.S. Woot! Half-way to 1000 posts! I'm such a geek!

August 15, 2006

You were walking around the park, and you felt an unexplained urge for pain, so you got in line for Boomerang. You got in the front seat, next to a really scared kid wearing a Fall Out Boy shirt with emo hairdo. You got pulled up the lift hill, and once you got to the top, the kid started yelling a stream of curse words that you had heard once before, in the South Park movie. The train was released, and the kid started to scream like a girl. You stared at him as you went through the boomerang element. Pure fear. You laughed out loud. You went through the loop and up the back spike. The train was unusually slow as you went through the loop again. You went through the first inversion of the boomerang, and felt the rest of the train slow to a halt, then you rolled back into the first part. You continued laughing. Poor kid! His probably first ride on an inverting roller coaster and it vallies! You continue rolling helplessly back and forth for the next few minutes, until you stop. You sit for a while, then a speaker on the track started to screech feedback for a second, then a voice of an obviously high teenager comes on. "Well, it appears you have been all stuck in da rolla coasta for a minut or two. Hahahaha, monkey. I feel so sad right now..." As the stoned teenager rants on on how Pink Floyd is God and how horribly society is in this day in age, you spot something beyond the station. You pull out your handy dandy camera and take two awesome pictures. You had nothing else to do anyway!

coaster2.jpg.144d53f24ce53e5d4b51bd3edd7b115d.jpg

Sure hope it's a floorless! I can't wait to see what it is!

coaster1.jpg.a95635844f36af3b2991ebd830534f9c.jpg

Ooh! It looks like B&M!

^Well, considering how many Boomerangs and how many "Roller Coaster"s there are out there, I highly doubt that Midsun is going to get sued.

Anyway...

Announcement!

November 29, 2006

It snowed last night, and you got a day off from school! Wahoo! What's the first thing that comes into your head? Snow photos of Midsun Amusement Park. You head out with your camera to the park, and found that the gates were already open. Lucky. You walked in, and saw every ride covered in a thick blanket of snow, including Grizzly and the pieces of track that you saw, which seemed to have multiplied over your absence from the park. It seemed that almost the whole ride was laying in the snow. You glanced over by Boomerang, and saw a shadowy figure standing by the station, holding some papers and a stapler. He seemed to have seen you too, because the figure scurried off into the forest. You went up to the building, and saw what the man had put there:

jamposter.jpg.531c5a7ff0174d81ee0f8ac853748c9f.jpg

Jam : A New York City Adventure

Ok just a bit of constructive criticism... The whole 2nd person story telling just doesn't really work. Tell it first person or third person. It should either be the perspective of the person experiencing it or a specific person experiencing it not vaguely targeting your reader. So please try to keep the stories like "I went to the park" or something similar as it is much more engaging.

Otherwise it is pretty good but that building for the Wooden Coaster is just dull... Try making a different queue and enhancing the outside of it.

Thanks a lot for the ideas, I appreciate it. I do agree that the Grizzly station is a little boring, but I do have a problem because I am very low on money, and my trainer won't work.

Yet, I happen to like the 2nd person storyline. I mean, I'm not writing a dramatic novel, I'm writing a simple storyline to fit with a Roller Coaster Tycoon park, it doesn't have to be great! I just want to add a little twist to a simple park idea. Although I will remember this for other parks that I will do!