TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City/SF St. Louis or Kennywood/Geauga lake?

I plan on taking a trip this summer to a few new parks fairly close to me. laste year I hit up hershey's and Knoebles, this year am considering kennywood/Geauga lake or the Branson Parks (Silver Dollar city and Celebration City) and Six Flags St. Louis. Anyone been to these parks and got an idea which would be a better trip. Phantom's Revenge couple of good steels at Geauga, or the Boss, Mr. freeze Powder Keg ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Silver Dollar City, and I've heard nothing but good things about Powder Keg and Ozark Wildcat (both new since I was there). SFStL didn't blow me away, but hey, they have Qbot and Freeze which is really all you need!

Kennywood and Geauga Lake are nice, but, my choice would be for a SDC trip.

Elissa "plus you can go see Yakov in Branson!" Alvey

I agree with Elissa, Branson is a simple coaster MUST! I havn't ridden powderkeg yet (like that's a surprise) but Wildfire is one of the best coasters in the country, and arguably the most underrated. And Ozark Wildcat is pure wooden goodness, it has TONS more airtime, and a lot more varying intensities of airtime than Thunderhead did, and Celebration City is a awesome park. Personally I'd skip SFStL and just spend a couple days in branson, even though you'll miss out on like 6 credits, the rides in Branson are much better than SF.

My vote is for the GL/KW combo for PR & JR alone!

If your vacation is going to be more than coasters (i.e. Branson shows), then the MO trip would make the most sense.

If you are strictly into coasters/flats, then skip MO and head east because SDC/CC are pretty sparse in the ride department. However, SFStL is a fun park with some decent coasters and a few good flats.

If you throw out some more info we may be able to give you a little more information.