The Walking Dead

Fear The Walking Dead too!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby gisco » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:03 pm

Less then 2 weeks now!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 am

OK, the season premiere was pretty gruesome.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:23 pm

gisco wrote:OK, the season premiere was pretty gruesome.

it's so weird to see folks freaking out. .it was exactly like it was in the comic (no spoilers, but at least the 2nd part of it).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:30 am

bert425 wrote:

it's so weird to see folks freaking out. .it was exactly like it was in the comic (no spoilers, but at least the 2nd part of it).

I have to spoil it, because Glenn was my favorite character. F**k you, Negan. :cry: :cry: :cry:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoasterRench » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:06 am

bert425 wrote:

I loved the premiere, thought it was fantastic. It was exactly like the comics, word for word almost. The only difference was the first one to get the bat, but if you watched The Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman admitted he hated the way that the first member was killed in the comics, this was a way to fix that for him. I am curious to see how they play Negan on the show, I think he will be a very popular character with the fans and spend a long time on the show.
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:45 pm

I read the comic after seeing the premier and your right, it was like the comic. Glad I didn't read it before hand.

Postby CoasterRench » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:31 am

Downfall about reading the comic, a lot of the show is falling right in line with the comics. Last night's episode between Dwight and Sherry, almost exactly how the comics told the story.

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 pm

CoasterRench wrote:Downfall about reading the comic, a lot of the show is falling right in line with the comics. Last night's episode between Dwight and Sherry, almost exactly how the comics told the story.

but it wont be the same for 2 big reasons:

1) they've made Dwight so unlikeable (as they did with the Andrea character on the show), there's simply no way to redeem him.

and

2) Darryl. Who doesn't exist in the comic. So brings a WHOLE new storytelling opportunity here.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby CoasterRench » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:02 am

bert425 wrote:
CoasterRench wrote:Downfall about reading the comic, a lot of the show is falling right in line with the comics. Last night's episode between Dwight and Sherry, almost exactly how the comics told the story.

but it wont be the same for 2 big reasons:

1) they've made Dwight so unlikeable (as they did with the Andrea character on the show), there's simply no way to redeem him.

and

2) Darryl. Who doesn't exist in the comic. So brings a WHOLE new storytelling opportunity here.

I have a feeling Dwight is going to turn on Negan, you could tell throughout the episode that Dwight was very frustrated with Negan, mix that in with other clue's throughout the episode, I feel like they will follow the comics in that aspect. Right now, no one likes Dwight(me included). But as a writer all you have to do is have Dwight help Daryl escape and take down Negan's group, and just like that he is popular again (anybody that helps Daryl automatically is loved by the fans). Daryl is the one character, who, like you said is not in the comics. But, is he taking Carl's place right now? In the comics it was Carl that Negan took a liking to and held "prisoner", will that just be Daryl for the time being? Who knows, only time will tell. While the comics can give us insight into what will happen next, it also keeps us in shock when they choose to stray away from the comics and try something new, which is one of the great thing's about this show.

Top Five

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:17 am

Anyone else feel like this is some serious milkage with 16 episode seasons?
Coasters: 59
Assume nothing; Question everything

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random