Anybody else watch hockey? (Amazing VID INSIDE!!)

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:53 pm

I kinda meant the Leafs, and "potential" as in "maybe he'll want a hockey team closer to home someday". ;)

Though I never knew the Penguins won it back-to-back.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:55 pm

The Penguins might have let a lot of talent leave town, but don't count on that with Crosby. I mean ... Mario has him living at his house for cying out loud.

Nothing short of a Canadian occupation of Pittsburgh will bring Crosby to the Leafs.
Ted

I'm Skinny

Postby trustkill22 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:10 pm

One thing that impressed me about that video was his puck skills when he had those water bottles and just random pucks lying around and he never touched one of them. Also when he had the three pucks down, everything was so smooth.

I wish I could toe drag that beautifully.

Postby dandaman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:28 pm

CoasterFanatic wrote:The Penguins might have let a lot of talent leave town, but don't count on that with Crosby. I mean ... Mario has him living at his house for crying out loud.

Nothing short of a Canadian occupation of Pittsburgh will bring Crosby to the Leafs.

At first thought, that seems a bit odd... why is the kid who's likely getting paid millions living in someone else's house? Is Mario just a really good friend?

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:52 pm

Okay, I just watched the video. Meh. In all honesty, the puck tricks were nothing spectacular. The kick was interesting, but that's about it.

I'm kind of fond of this a little more. :P

Scott "he'll always be a puss to me" B.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby canada » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:52 pm

trustkill22 wrote:One thing that impressed me about that video was his puck skills when he had those water bottles and just random pucks lying around and he never touched one of them. Also when he had the three pucks down, everything was so smooth.

I wish I could toe drag that beautifully.

And when he was backhanding pucks with one hand. That is almost impossible to do. I can only think of how strong a wrist he has.

Also true story here, after one of the practices in the morning with nobody left in the arena Kovalev took a tiny hockey stick and started roofing pucks into the top of the net.

He had not noticed that there was one reporter left at the top of the arena and that reporter just couldnt believe his eyes. He ran down in amazement and asked Kovalev what he was doing. Kovalev told him not to tel anyone but he wasnt actually trying to roof the pucks, he was trying to throw them on TOP of the net!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:52 pm

dandaman wrote:Quick question: What's the word on Newbury? Back in the lineup, missing a few games, or obituary?

Nothing serious. No concussion, and he'll be back in like a week.

I only watched a couple minutes of that Kovalev montage. I got annoyed by the video showing the same play 10 times each. We saw the nice goal, don't show it us 10 or 20 times.

Crosby is never coming to Toronto. To get a player of that calibre Toronto would have to fall to last in the league for a few years. And that's not happening anytime soon.

Postby dandaman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:48 am

Carnage wrote:Crosby is never coming to Toronto. To get a player of that calibre Toronto would have to fall to last in the league for a few years. And that's not happening anytime soon.

Thank God...

I never really understood the draft system. Does that mean that Buffalo or Nashville would get the last picks?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:37 am

dandaman wrote:I never really understood the draft system. Does that mean that Buffalo or Nashville would get the last picks?

Yes, though that's only part of it.

The draft goes in opposite order of points. So the team that has the most points will draft 30th.

Though the 14 teams that don't make the playoffs are drawn in a lottery to see the draft order. So the teams that missed the playoffs can draft anywhere from 1st to 14th.

Now to confuse things even more teams that get draft pics via trades draft at the position that the original team would have.

So say Philly trades Toronto it's 1st round draft pick. Toronto would draft wherever Philly would have. (which would end up being one of the first few pics).

Clear as mud? :P

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:44 am

^Not to mention if Satan, er, Gary Bettman were to add another God-awful expansion team to, say, Buttcrack, Arkansas or some other non-traditional hockey town, then there would also be an expansion draft to further confuse things. But here's hoping that never happens again. :P

Scott "Is my bitterness towards my once-favorite league apparent?" B. ;)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random