TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

No glasses on Tatsu and Xcelerator

(BTW, am I the only one who had to use google to find out what Croakies are?)

I had to google it aswell...

I got glasses, but when my family went to Liseberg, I didn't bring them, but my dad had glasses on all the coasters and rides.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would steal prescription glasses? Unless the person has the EXACT same prescription, I wouldn't about it. I don't. Heh.

I usually either leave my glasses on or I just put them in my pocket... I'm not partial to keeping them in the absolute greatest condition, as long I can still see.

Or, say, on Goliath, I'd leave them on the ledge next to the Fastpass line on the southside of the station... or on the ground in a corner. Who knows.

Maybe it's punishment not for being gay or jewish, but for wearing Croakies? Don't those give a bad tanline?

Did management post any signs around the ride area regarding 'no glasses"? If not, then I would either go directly to GR department or speak with management themselves.

One thing that is annoying is the apparent lack of consistency with ride operators letting one ride and another not allowed to ride. If management was wise, I would post a rules to:

1. No cell phones allowed (no exceptions).

2. No slippers/sandles (shoes must be closed-toe type). They have to be put on the side.

3. If the rule of no glasses, it should apply to all or NONE at all (no if's/and's/butt's). I feel that riders should be allowed to ride providing that they are secured as in Shepp's case.

*When has it been a "rule" from a manufacturer that glasses are no longer permitted?..LOL Ask for a sign or posted rule that states that "in writing". I would venture to guess that opinions and interpretations greatly vary from employee-to-employee (that would be considered a form of discrimination in technical terms).

This topic was brought up at Coaster Mania this year, and you should have seen the sob fest that went on. Seriously, if they ask you to take off your glasses, just do it. I ride with my glasses all the time with NO strap or anything, but on certain coasters like MF, TTD or any flying coaster I wear them. If I get asked to take them off I will, its no big deal, I think its more of a "we dont want you to loose your glasses" type of polocy then "we dont want you wearing your glasses because we dont want you to see anything" type of deal.

Colin C

^ I am curious on the comment you made. IS it park policy? If so, where are the sign postings? That would be the argument between its guests and park employees. It would be a similar situation regarding obese riders and/or if a person were pregnant (it appears signage for those instances are present).

I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with you, but I think the parks would need to institute some sort-of 'consistent' policy if there is one and guest(s) adhere to it. It just slows down the ride capacity and would begin to irritate guest(s) waiting in line over an (apparent) inconsistant rule or policy.

What I recall on Tatsau is announcement stating "no loose articles such as purses or sunglasses." As a previous poster stated, I don't view securely strapped glasses as being a "loose article," any more than properly tied shoes are "loose." I mean, those puppies aren't coming off short of decapitation. In the vast majority of cases, if ride ops ask about my glasses, they're fine once I show them the Croakies. (In fact, since my original post, I remembered that's exactly what happened on my first Tatsu ride.)

I don't think it's whining to want to be able to fully enjoy the visuals of a ride unless there's a good reason not to. And I honestly can't figure out the reason why specs are banned on a few rides, but not other, similar ones.

As far as possible solutions... No, I don't want to have to deal with bifocal contacts just so I can see properly focused ground from Tatsu's lift hill. (In fact, my partner does wear contacts, and one of the coasters that day knocked one lens out of alignment, leaving him half-blind for a while.) And hiding glasses from the ops and putting them on while on the lift hill is not only against the (stupid) rules, Tatsu's restraints pinned my arms down so firmly that getting the glasses securely back on was a real struggle...not something I'd try again.

But then, there are rides that require riders to remove their hearing aids, too...which, in view of some platform PA systems, would probably be a blessing.

^ I am curious on the comment you made. IS it park policy? If so, where are the sign postings? That would be the argument between its guests and park employees. It would be a similar situation regarding obese riders and/or if a person were pregnant (it appears signage for those instances are present).

I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with you, but I think the parks would need to institute some sort-of 'consistent' policy if there is one and guest(s) adhere to it. It just slows down the ride capacity and would begin to irritate guest(s) waiting in line over an (apparent) inconsistant rule or policy.

Well I havent been to either park (SFMM or KBF) but at CP the ride ops before you enter the que tell you that you need to either remove your glasses, or put a strap on them, and the que house recordings say "glasses must be worn with a tight fitting strap around the back of the head". So yeah, thats a policy at CP that certain rides need to have glasses either taken off or strapped to your head. As far as taking them off, Im pretty sure its a park policy and not a ride company's idea to take them off. Why its regional, I dont know, but maybe certain states have different standards then others, Im not sure.

Colin C

Did management post any signs around the ride area regarding 'no glasses"? If not, then I would either go directly to GR department or speak with management themselves.

One thing that is annoying is the apparent lack of consistency with ride operators letting one ride and another not allowed to ride.

^I agree..lol