TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Worlds Of Fun

***The first two paragraphs are simply background and don’t have to be read, and also I’m sorry for a lack of pictures but I was forced to take our old camera and I didn’t use the whole second roll of film, so it is not yet developed.***

I had heard many things about Cedar Fair parks, but never experienced any of the difficulties other people said they had. Both my trips to Cedar Point were fine, and I never understood why people liked to “hate on” KBF, WOF, Valleyfair, and Michigan’s Adventure. So, when I went to WOF, I went expecting a park with nothing much to offer, poor operations, and a bad atmosphere. However, it seems I found quite the opposite!

I went to WOF as a field trip for a no drugs club I’m in at school. I live two hours away from WOF, but my family often opted to go to SFStL instead. When I heard I was going to WOF though, I got excited! With the new addition of Patriot, I had wanted to go anyway. So I called up some friends I know in KC (girls), and told them I wanted to meet them there, and so that’s what happened! However, the park was more crowded than usual due to a “Music in the Park” day, lots of buses of choirs and stuff.

We arrived at WOF at around 10:10 (they opened at 10:00) and I went into the park. I had already told my friends I would not be hanging out with them, as I was meeting some other friends from KC. I met them near the entrance of rip cord and we got out flight times. Next we decided to go on Timber Wolf, as Krissy and Lindsay said they did not like it, and I wanted to get it out of the way. (Here are the rides we went on, in order.)

Timber Wolf/ Walk-On/ Second car, back seat- I was expecting this ride to be rough as hell, and well, it was. However, I have a very high tolerance for rough, and looked for the good qualities of the ride. There was loads of air time, and the ride was just all out fun! I give this ride a B, a great ride, but it needs some MAJOR re-tracking. (At this time, Timber Wolf was running two trains with great operation.)(I got no pictures of Timber Wolf….. sorry)

Thunderhawk/ Walk-On/ Front row- This was my first top spin, and I will say it did not leave me with a good impression. The restraints on it were automatic, so every time you gave the restraint any room at all, it would close down harder. Me being a guy, I can say that that HURTS, especially when you go upside-down. I give this ride a C; the restraints killed the whole experience.

Mamba/ Walk-On/ Very back seat- This ride was absolutely crazy awesome! The first drop was just amazing, the way the whole back end of the train just gets FLUNG over the top of the hill rivals to MF’s first drop in the back seat. I give this ride an A+, it was smooth, and pure joy. This was also my first Morgan coaster, I think very highly of them now, as they have mastered the inside wheel style of track. (At this time, Mamba was running two trains with great operations.)

Bamboozler/ 10 minute wait- Krissy decided not to ride this one, as she thought it might make her sick. It was a fun little ride with some good forces. But we really only rode it to waste time because our rip cord time was coming. I give this ride a C, just average.

Rip Cord/ middle flyer- I was really anticipating this ride, however, it wasn’t exactly up to what I thought it would be. I was expecting the fall to be a little more…… thrilling. I give this ride a B-, the ride to the top and anticipation of falling was more thrilling than the fall itself. (No pictures of this one)

Sea Dragon/ End Seat/ 5min wait- This ride is one of those where seating location of seating is very important. I sat on the end and found this ride to be very fun. The air time is almost as good as….. lets say a hyper coaster. I give this ride an A-, its very good for an old school flat ride.

Boomerang/ Second car, front seat/ 10min wait- After hearing so many complaints about boomerangs, I figured this one would be rough. But actually, I found myself enjoying it a lot. Though it may not have any really distinguishing attributes, I found that if you ride “Vekoma Style” (legs pressed up against seat in front of you to prevent head banging), these rides are fun. I give this ride a B, nothing special, but definitely a good little ride. (At the time, Boomerang was running with fairly quick operations.)

Mamba/ very back seat/ 15min wait- Not as fun the second time around, but this time, the ride up the lift hill was a bit more enjoyable if you know what I mean . I give this ride an A this time, still a great ride, but not as good as the first time. (This time, the ride was running three trains with GREAT operations and absolutely no stacking!)

Patriot/ Front seat/ 1hr wait- This was one of the coasters I couldn’t wait to get on, but delayed to do so because of the wait. Eventually, our time was becoming short and we decided to get on despite the wait. We sat in the front seat of course, and got ready to ride. Patriot was my first Immelman ever, and I must say I like them! However, Patriot was very short, and as speculated, FORCELESS. I give this ride a B+, not worth waiting an hour for, but definitely a good addition to the park. Also, Patriot was silent, I didn’t even notice that it went by when I was right next to it. SD was louder than Patriot was! (Patriot was running both trains with good operations and minimal stacking.)

Spinning Dragons/ 45min wait- SD was my first ever spinning coaster, and as much as my friends told me it was boring, I had to ride it for the credit and the experience. I was expecting the ride to be somewhat thrilling, but it wasn’t. You couldn’t even tell you were spinning, and the air time hill provided no airtime. I give this ride a C-, the wait was too long and the ride was below average, a kiddie coaster. (SD was running 5 trains with okay operations and at least two trains (cars) stacked at all times.)

Fjord Fjarlane- This was basically my “it’s time to go, let’s ride this as a relaxing say goodbye ride” ride. I give this ride a D, I could’ve gone to sleep on it, but it was still a good way to end the day.

Overall, my trip to WOF was very nice, and though the park was a little more crowded than usual, I had loads of fun.

*Thank you so much if you read all of that! Now would you like to say anything?

979085-R1-14-14A.jpg.ac9e8bc393d4571341665c870d249b14.jpg

The layout, I never realized it, but I kinda like this picture!

979085-R1-11-11A.jpg.12844484cf0a53c99bc00a928d48cf03.jpg

Its the air time hill with no air time!

979085-R1-08-8A.jpg.f2aadf84bf579658276db4c7547bf2ab.jpg

Another captionless picture.

979085-R1-10-10A.jpg.c161929be64255b84b076e3fde325ee7.jpg

I dont like this picture, I dont know what I was thinking. It has no focal point.

979085-R1-09-9A.jpg.8c7ee77232e3be5064d371289c0f85b1.jpg

This picture is my all time favorite that I have taken. Its even my background.

979085-R1-16-16A.jpg.adbd7247c1f56c88eb88ccb59a0bdc6e.jpg

Corkscrew/Flat spin awesome-ness.

979085-R1-17-17A.jpg.2f351add21fca3d15a9d446cb6370d11.jpg

Insert your own caption here

979085-R1-18-18A.jpg.5d50aa52f4ad16cacb65ac0870edd76c.jpg

IMMELMAN! With something that went wrong with the film in the smack middle....

979085-R1-15-15A.jpg.1e7f35202d60ef9623e25712f4379523.jpg

Is it just me, or does this picture look really weird?

979085-R1-05-5A.jpg.bf40f1bbf02df6157a1a0bdab0706c3f.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm

979085-R1-22-22A.jpg.e863bd236d72b64bb7e01508fccd972c.jpg

I absolutely HATE the colors on WOF's Boomerang. They have: Yellow, Orange, Pink, Neon Green, Sky Blue, and Purple. (you have to look close at the ride when you are there to see some of the colors).

979085-R1-21-21A.jpg.f08943be315a4cddceb4a0edf72af505.jpg

"Vekoma Side Boob" without train

979085-R1-20-20A.jpg.4d0adccbccf53189cfa0cbd391e92ac7.jpg

These are my lozer friends that I left to be with my lozer-er friends (with benefits)

979085-R1-19-19A.jpg.779bc5923f250ad1703a5010a3c82839.jpg

Isnt she sexy? I'm sorry, did you think I was talking about Kristin?

979085-R1-12-12A.jpg.6e4ecf494ec205fdd16ebf85bf721132.jpg

I am loved!

979085-R1-13-13A.jpg.b82ed934c235780105f4391f167f423a.jpg

My friends Kristin (left) and Lindsay (right) in line for the Bamboozler.

979085-R1-24-24A.jpg.618e4e5da5e37c07e5b40b453c899ae7.jpg

This shot can go into my balding peoples heads (and roller coasters) gallery!

979085-R1-23-23A.jpg.fc6fcea24b739aa10002273bc0a1e087.jpg

Signature shot?

1.jpg.045a9cc54532932c30e83cc3bedfe916.jpg

Thunderhawk

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me give you a little tip on Patriot. Front Left is the best but still not as forceful as the back seat. I'd figured if you only rode once, and in the front you'd come to the conclusion it's forceless. There are some good G's more so to the end of the ride. You just got to ride in the lefthand side.

Timberwolf is actually being retracked now. It won't all be done until next year so that's the deal with that. It's still jerking but it doesn't leave you with a migraine at the end.

Mamba- Best time to ride this is in the evening or on cooler days. This is when they really let up on the MCBR's. It really will fly through the camel humps when it's running this way.

You've got Patriot wrong, dude.

You must have ridden on a bad day, because it is one of the least forceless coasters I've ever ridden. Sit in the far left or right seats in the back for the most intense ride.

Other than that, great Photo TR.

I agree Patriot is definately a back seat ride.

My first couple of rides were up front and then jumped in the back.

It seems like a totally different ride in back.

The floater hill over the station is the best part of the ride.

Night rides on Mamba are much better also, but be advised everytime I ride front seat at night I always seem to take a bug in the face in the helix.

Timberwolf is much better with the retracking that has been done.

Last year was terrible.

^That is true, they can interperute it anyway they want to. But the fact remains that Patriot produces more G's in the back than in the front. There's nothing opinionated about that part. And since he said he only rode once he had to come up with his opinion based on only a front seat ride. That's what he was referring to. There's nothing wrong with the way he rode it unless he was saying there was a lack of G' Forces all together on Patriot then that would be wrong. Make sense?