TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trusted "Street" Camera Sites

benzo41190

I was interested in buying this camera....

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-DCR-HC32-Camcorder-Review.htm

On that page there is a list of a bunch of camera sites that have that camera

here is the list of all the sites....

http://camcorderinfo.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=6485897/fd=1

So here is my question, what do I go for....Store Rating/Price?

So does anyone buy off of these sites? I don't know if I should go with the store reviews, or just go with the the best price.

THANKS!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of them are very reliable. Here is the biggest secret.

DON'T LET THEM UPSELL YOU ANYTHING!

Most of the stores offer these products at cost or sometimes even below. Then they make their money through high-pressure sales techniques aimed at getting you to buy inferior accessories. Say that you only need the camera and stick to your guns and you will get a good deal.

I have purchased from:

Butterfly

B&H

TigerDirect

and Broadway Photo

Most of these companies are storefronts in NYC.

I'll say this: You get what you pay for. A lot of those low cost camera stores subject you to ridiculous amounts of upselling (and find ways to mess up your order if you don't add stuff on), aren't authorized deals, and sell "gray market" items (meaning they aren't covered by any manufacturers warranties, usually don't come with all the accessories, and so on).

I'd say go with B&H. They're legit and offer great prices. As long as it keeps you producing awesome videos about life in the 41190.

My girl and I have spent well over $2,000 bucks with butterflyphoto.com and have had NO problems at all. ( I purchsed a Nikon DSLR with lenses and extras.)

They have great customer service, even better prices, quick shipping+ tracking, and the up selling is held to a minimal amount. Good luck with your purchase, it's a really good thing you're doing your homework, you will end up with a way better deal that way!

Sean-

I guess I will go with B&H then. I looked on www.epinions.com also and the ratings for B&H were very good.

Does B&H have tracking information when you order? Also, if I do want accesories (like an extended warranty) should I add that to the order or add it when they ask? Because if they ask me for accesories, and I get some, do you think that they wont delay the order?