TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Magazine

Does anyone know if there is a magazine that's focus is mainly on the technical aspect of rollercoasters and extreme rides? Like maybe an industry type magazine. With articles on stuff like the technology and design, track systems, trains, wheels, brakes, etc., and how all of that works together? I would also like it to have features in it that focus on a particular ride or type of ride, the manufacturer behind it and the park it's located in. With tons of photos of course. I think it would be good reading and fascinating to know all the behind the scenes stuff on how our favorite rides work and are maintained, and learn a little something about the design and company that created it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) site. There were a couple of older publications on coasters (Harry Traver-book I have).

Also, do a search in your browser. There are a few good links to find out more information you specifically look for. I dont have the links off the top of my head.

If your a technical guru, you can order a book from Amercian Society of Testing & Materials (ASTM). I have several of those books when I was working for BG-parks. They include some of the standards in maintenance, design and so on related to coasters and amusement rides. Also try the DIN/TUV books (get ENGLISH versions..lol).