TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Northern California Parks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, the boardwalk is just plain fun. Spin, spin and the giant dipper. They have the logger's revenge down, they need to replace it with a tidal wave like ride, they definitely have enough space. Pga don't get me started... you know what ruined it for me? when I walked through the line of top gun hearing lame generic music and bad voice actors instead of the soundtrack (little things like that) and SFMW well they have nowhere to build or expand....it's one big crowed island with bad coasters...ehem...Kong.

Pga don't get me started... you know what ruined it for me? when I walked through the line of top gun hearing lame generic music and bad voice actors instead of the soundtrack (little things like that)

What are you talking about? That soundtrack has been there for all 11 years the ride has been open? I think your a little confused.

-RD

If it keeps giving me a paycheck, then I'm happy with it.

The park's attendance has only grown since the removal of Stealth, the waterpark addition last year gave PGA one of it's best years in a long time. It sucks we lost four rides in four years, but it's reality. After 30 years rides become hard and expensive to maintain.

-RD

no way! listen to it carefully...it's so fake. I know you're right there and probably go all the time...but the last time I went I had to plug my ears to avoid listening to the cheap soundtrack, no Kenny Loggins

To me, "no Kenny Loggins in the queue" is a coaster plus right up there with floating airtime...

I've heard this rumor. Is the foundation for top gun slowly slipping into that nasty lagoon?

It sinks about an inch each year, whic doesn't sound like much, but it could mean the removal of the ride, or at least the helix.

One thing they did wrong was build footers that weren't that deep. This is a no-no for rides above water. Anaconda at PKD has footers 50 feet deep, so its OK, but Top Gun's footers aren't quite deep enough.

Orbit is done for. The ride is still sitting in its place, but they have boarded up the entrance, and cut out the que. They also turned the former que line into a designated smoking area for the park. Here are a few photos I shot over the weekend as proof.

Sean-

re_1.jpg.152c0bf96b3f40f9f3f4ffd4af05d411.jpg

Orbit hiding from the public....

re_2.jpg.b86e21f186207bf0505e19c900bc0fd8.jpg

Smoking Area Anyone?