TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Abandoned Log Flume Found In Field

What ever became of the old Log Flume at Cedar Point where Raptor now stands?

--Robb "Can't think of any other Log Flumes in Ohio!" Alvey

Mill Race was completely demolished for the construction of Raptor. If I'm not mistaken the boats are now used on Dorney Park's Thunder Creek Mountain log flume. The only other part that was saved was the sign, which is now in Cedar Point's sign shop. Everything else was thrown away.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The log flume seems to be becoming nearly extinct these days. Parks keep removing them for new attractions. I think the main reason for this is safety reasons since the riders can stand up and get out of the boats. It's sad to see though because they do have high capacity and are usually fun.

I rode WWL on closing day this past season and it was really fun. The large parks like CF parks seem to be getting afraid of these rides. Maybe if the public would behave at a theme park we wouldn't have to see the end of an era like this so often.

It's a shame too.

I love log flumes. They're just good simple fun rides.

Plus they can be unpredictable. Most times you just get splashed a bit. But then from time to time you get drenched. Typically when you front load or back load a boat.