TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steel Eel

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't ridden it in about 3 years but I was really suprised by it! I don't really like the morgan hypers but for some reason this 'junior' sized one packed quite a punch!

Obviously it's no Intamin or even B&M hyper but it's cool!

The first half of Steel Eel was fantastic. However, Sea World felt the need to bring the train to a virtual stop on the mid-course brake run. The second half just dragged on and on. It was horrible. I wanted to run our rental car into it and knock it over.

Walibi's Goliath is about the same height, but it's much, much better! (Isn't it annoying that we have like FOUR Goliath hypercoasters now?? The name isn't even a good one, lol)

nice! thats a great pic , thanks for the link! i kinda like the look of that turn , i havent come across any photos yet of it showing that turn, looks intense - until those annoying brake runs. Steel Force was braked pretty heavy last year, like the Eel , it dragged on too.

The first half of Steel Eel was fantastic. However, Sea World felt the need to bring the train to a virtual stop on the mid-course brake run. The second half just dragged on and on. It was horrible. I wanted to run our rental car into it and knock it over.

Isnt that the case with all Morgan hypers?? Judging from onride videos, it seems like all of them except Phantoms Revenge slows down alot before the final hills (Mamba, Steel Force, Steel Dragon,etc...)