TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Formating for DVDs

benzo41190

I have a bunch of 2005 footage and I want to know what kind of format will work the best. Right now they are saved as a WMV at 1.4Mbps...what ever that means

With all the footage together it will not fit on a standard DVD-R. I want to know what format i should use when I make an hour long DVD.

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in order to create a DVD that will play in a DVD player (that is, not just video files burned as data) they need to be converted to MPEG-2 then converted to the playable format (.vob/.bup/.ifo). Many video editing programs will convert WMV movies directly to this format, although it will take a while. Since you said it will be a 1-hour long dvd, you can either use the standard DVD bitrate (4000kbps), which will give you 2 hours of video space on a single-layer dvd, or the 8000kbps setting, which will give 1 hour of video space. These options should be available in whatever program you use to encode the videos. I don't think Windows Movie Maker does this, so you'll need to use a video editing program.

Hope that made sense....

I found it!

I made a DVD and it worked with high quality! I used "Nero" software and it converts them right to MPeg 2 and it all worked out. From now on I will use the DV-AVI (NTSC) format when capturing, put them into Unlead Studio 5, edit it, then put it in "Nero".

Thank you for helping