TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Fireworks Shopping in South Carolina

cfc

Before checking out Winterfest at Carowinds yesterday (Dec. 10) with my friends the Railsback clan, we ambled over to some of the local purveyors of pyrotechnic mayhem to check out their new wares. Here's a little sample of what we found.

Remember, I'm not advocating anything here, but if you can't be good, be careful.

1533584801_PyroJustin.jpg.d1d022fdde775166dc6ac983bee535d2.jpg

Justin with a potentially interesting piece of ordinance.

1152894242_MassiveDestruction.jpg.6eba24a2bd78efcdd1809942ed124102.jpg

Now that says it all.

996812305_FaceToward.jpg.5b3cee143d175851455a6e02afd583ab.jpg

Instructions: "Face towards spectators. Light fuse. Run like hell."

1448902505_DrinkeroftheWind.jpg.edcaab7b19fbad781f5b414337186599.jpg

OK, I don't even want to guess what this is all about.

1242530601_BarrelofBangs.jpg.d7b6998fd8c6207ed83773726a892256.jpg

I say, I do believe that many of these names are meant to be sexually suggestive. Of course, I could be mistaken. Sometimes a "flaming ball" is just a "flaming ball." And about their spelling of "barrell ". . .

716779305_SexyGirl.jpg.2eb90623987fcffc4ba709601c3ae660.jpg

Hmm--says here it "shoots flaming balls." I'll just bet it does. And "Boomers" sounds like a great name for a ripoff of what famous restaurant chain that features an owl on its logo?

1394801174_RedDevil.jpg.8fd454e88436e6a1ec5e939f85c5704f.jpg

"Hello there. I'm Satan. Hope you like my store. And remember--don't smoke 'em even if ya got 'em!"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we ever wanted aerial fireworks, than we go up to New Hampshire where everything is legal in the terms of fireworks. Back home in Connectict the only ones that are legal are the fireworks that don't leave the ground. Last 4th of July when our neighbors had their annual 4th of July BBQ, we did our 3rd annual fireworks show right in the middle of our street. Of course we can get away with it since it's a road since it's not for thru traffic (plus it dead ends).

Anyway, last summer was the first time we had the illegal fireworks and we were setting them off. And we had an upside down trash can and we put one of the fireworks that shoots off aerial stuff...and well, we learned a valuable lesson not to put that kind of stuff on a trash can. Next thing we know it fell on it's side and starts shooting the fireworks at us, then it managed to shoot some fireworks onto the neighbors house....

Can't wait for next summer for the BBQ again.

^^Look how menicing Justin looks! What's he REALLY gonna do with those? 8)

Well, he is a math-and-science whiz with an interest in chemical engineering and the space program. Hmm . . .

I was celebrating the glorious Fourth at a friend's house a few years ago, when this skyrocket with some Chinese name lifted off majestically like the space shuttle, turned sideways, and blasted fireballs out of both ends, forcing us to flee for our lives. I guess the Chinese name in English was "Run You Yankee Dog!"