TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: bert does central Florida

^ It's kind of become our saturday morning routine at home. We play a little game of where is that spot they're filming in the show? It is also fascinating to go into the animal hospital to watch the exams. They have employees mixing with guests to explain what's going on. It's neat to have this as a home park, where you can just drop in for a bit to see something like this, ride a coaster, grab a bacon pretzel and be home by noon to do other stuff.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's kind of become our saturday morning routine at home. We play a little game of where is that spot they're filming in the show? It is also fascinating to go into the animal hospital to watch the exams. They have employees mixing with guests to explain what's going on. It's neat to have this as a home park, where you can just drop in for a bit to see something like this, ride a coaster, grab a bacon pretzel and be home by noon to do other stuff.

I had no idea, never even seen the show! What channel is it on? And what/how/when does one get in there to watch the exams in person?! Details, please!!

^ Wildlife Docs is on ABC channels, usually on saturday mornings. The animal care center at BGT is always open to go through but the exams are generally in the morning. It is random but the park says it's a good bet around 10 am to see the "action". Even when there aren't any exams etc going on there is a staff member in the public areas of the Center that will be more than glad to talk at length about the exam rooms you are seeing and what goes on. And when I say at length, I'm not kidding. It's very informative.

...And the snake, too. Right Bert?

oh yeah. .but look at his smile!

(and I had just made a joke about "thank you for letting me touch your snake". . he said he's heard that before..LOL)

^ Wildlife Docs is on ABC channels, usually on saturday mornings. The animal care center at BGT is always open to go through but the exams are generally in the morning. It is random but the park says it's a good bet around 10 am to see the "action". Even when there aren't any exams etc going on there is a staff member in the public areas of the Center that will be more than glad to talk at length about the exam rooms you are seeing and what goes on. And when I say at length, I'm not kidding. It's very informative.

Wonderful, thank you!! I found it on ABC and set the show to record. Will definitely check out the animal care center when we are there.

Tb - cool you found it. It really is a neat show. It really makes you appreciate all that BGT does. Sometimes as park people , wanting nothing but the rides, we do tend to forget all that the amazing things they do. And Bert, I was going to say something about your lil ahem "animal" post but there are a few here on the site that throw shade when I post, and not in a good way. So sorry we missed you when you were in town.