• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags press release:

Six Flags-Branded Theme Parks to Open in China

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), the world's largest regional theme park company, and Riverside Investment Group Co. Ltd., a leading real estate developer in China, announced today a new strategic partnership to build multiple Six Flags-branded theme parks in China over the next decade.

"Our international expansion strategy is focused on finding the right partners in the right markets, and Riverside Investment Group will be the perfect strategic partner for us in China," said Jim Reid-Anderson, Chairman, President and CEO of Six Flags Entertainment. "We are honored to be working with this world-class organization as we continue taking the Six Flags brand to growing markets outside North America."

"We are honored to enter this strategic relationship with Six Flags and expand the entertainment offerings in China," said Chairman Li of Riverside Investment Group. "We are confident this world-class brand and unique form of entertainment will attract millions of guests to our parks."

Terms of the arrangement were not disclosed.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com.

About Riverside Investment Group Co. Ltd.

Riverside Investment Group Co. Ltd. was registered in Canada in 1997. With China's fast-developing cultural and tourism industries and urbanization process, Riverside Group has become a leading real estate developer, focusing on overall health care, tourism, culture, entertainment industries and high-end residential buildings. It is also an investor, constructor and operator of middle and high-end communities, participating in the whole industrial chain from planning and design to construction, business attraction and operation.

Riverside Group's projects are twice the recipient of the UN International Garden Community Gold Award, best represented by its world-class R&D, the pursuit of perfection, the respect to culture and the inheritance of civilization, all of which make it the leader in China's real estate industry. For more information, visit http://www.lvcgroup.com.

SOURCE Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Nancy Krejsa, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications, +1-972-595-5083, nkrejsa@sftp.com

http://investors.sixflags.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61629&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1941744&highlight=

Here we go again......

I wonder if this is similar to what was supposed to happen in Dubai - not exactly run the park but allow licensing rights to the Six Flags name. With the mouse building a huge home in Shanghai plus the current explosion of theme parks being built I don't know why Six Flags would even think of trying to venture into the Chinese market.

Here we go again......

I wonder if this is similar to what was supposed to happen in Dubai - not exactly run the park but allow licensing rights to the Six Flags name. With the mouse building a huge home in Shanghai plus the current explosion of theme parks being built I don't know why Six Flags would even think of trying to venture into the Chinese market.

Because there's still plenty of room in China for Theme Parks to enter the market. I know it sounds like there are a lot of theme parks opening up over there but its difficult to get across how big the market could be.

China has over 1 billion people more than the USA and although i can't get an exact number there are well over 150 cities over 1 million people.

China doesn't have that many big parks really. It has many many city parks with a small collection of Mice and old loopers and I would expect many of those to close with the increase of big name parks such as Six Flags, Fantawild, Disney, Wanda, Universal and Happy Valley.

In my opinion they would be insane not to step into the Chinese market.