TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The park that TPR built!

What about an offical ThemeParkReview park? Something that all members can be a part of! Here's the idea and you guys can give me some feedback on what you think of it.

Roller Coasters! (15 Max)

1) All coaster types.

2) A dual coaster counts as one coaster.

3) No coaster can have more than 2 tracks.

4) All coasters must be under Extreme in all catagories.

5) Your coaster may not affect anyone elses coaster. without permission

6) Please name your coaster.

Flat Rides! (20 Max)

1) Must be a thrill ride/gentle ride. (Reverse Freefall isn't a flat)

2) No more than 4 flat ride clones next to each other. (Such as Supreme Scream or Maliboomer)

3) 1-4 clones of that type of flat ride will be counted as 1 flat ride.

4) Your Thrill ride may not effect anyone elses coaster/thrill ride.

5) Please Name your thrill ride.

6) Your flat ride must be under Extreme in all catagories.

Water Rides (6 Max) ***Excludes Water Coaster***

1) Must be under the Water Rides catagory.

2) No more than 2 dual water rides next to each other.

3) Those two dual water rides will be counted as one.

4) Your water ride may not affect anyone elses ride.

5) Please name your water ride.

Food/Stalls (100 Max)

1) You may add no more than 5 per turn.

2) Must be named.

3) Your food or stall may not affect anyone elses ride or stall.

If there aren't enough food/stalls I will add more at the end.

Transportation Rides (none)

Thats right everyone is walking in this park!

I feel that it is impossible for a monorail to NOT effect anyone elses work.

There is 1 exception. That is if you build a Train or Tram that goes around in a circle (Like what you might see at malls) If you do build one then it counts as a flat ride.

Those are the basic rules at least for the rides.

* No trainers used.

More rules will be made later. I just want to see if this is something that you guys would want to do. If not; I'll be fine

Incase your wondering about how this is all going to work. So that muiltiple people aren't working on the same spot at the park at the same time. I will give the original template. Then you MUST post that you are building a ride on the map. At that point nobody else can download to work on a ride. Then that person has 24 hours to submit the file with his/her coaster on it. Then the next person will tell the site that they are working on a coaster and to not download.

(There is a possibility that a waiting list might be needed)

One last thing, although you must name your rides/stalls. The park would simply be called "Official TPR Park"

So, there it all is. Love it hate it? I want to know! Although the above seems like a lot most of it is just common sense stuff.

_six

Edited by Mr.Six

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear that you guys think its a good idea.

About the how many turns you have.

For every turn you can either build 1 coaster or 1 flat ride (remember that a you can build a dual coaster in 1 turn or a max of 4 flats that are exactly alike next to each other such as Power Tower)

Now, about how many turns how have. You can of up to 4 turns. However they must be 24 hours from each other. That way other people get a chance to sign up.

If you don't have 8 cars per trainer you can download it from here. Its a real sweet program. But remember that it has some bugs.

http://www.geocities.com/jmanderson_2000/trainers/trainers.htm

So, does anyone else have any questions? If its all clear then I'll release the empty park template later today for the first person to take his or her turn!

_six

Can we have like 2-3 turns a week? That way when more peeps add on we can do more? Also, if someone makes a coaster, can ours cross over that one?

You may have up to 4 turns in total. All at least 24 hours apart from each other. (IF thats what your asking)

And no, your coaster/thrill ride/stall may not affect anyone elses work to aviod conflict.

_six

I would think the best idea would be to have a set limit of attractions you could build. Maybe between 4-8, because then if you wanted you could build a coaster, with a flat and few stalls to fully flesh out your section.

You know what, I was thinking about that. Like having T-shirt stalls sell shirts that are suppost to have your coaster's name on it.

If you want to do that I'll allow it but no more than 3 stalls per coaster area and the stalls should be VERY close to the ride! Great idea, thanks for suggestioning it!

_six

So, if I understand correctly-

1- After 4 turns you may NEVER add on again

2- You may build 1 thing at a time, either a coaster, dueling coaster, flat, 4 same flats together, or up to 5 food stalls

3- You CANNOT cross over, under, or next to another person's coaster

4- You can't make a seperate track that duels with someone else's???

Does that wrap it up?

So, if I understand correctly-

1- After 4 turns you may NEVER add on again

2- You may build 1 thing at a time, either a coaster, dueling coaster, flat, 4 same flats together, or up to 5 food stalls

3- You CANNOT cross over, under, or next to another person's coaster

4- You can't make a seperate track that duels with someone else's???

Does that wrap it up?

Yep! However I will make one exception if you get that person's approval to build over their coaster you may. But you must ask that person on this thread so we can confirm it.

_six

Okay, the park template is complete. And will be released soon if there aren't any more questions.

I made an example of what to do while its your turn. This way you have more of a visual.

The pics are down below but this is the process.

1) You see that nobody is working on the map.

2) You make a post that says "WIP" Meaning Work in Progress. At that point nobody else should download because that is the only person how has the right to build on the map for the period of 24.

3) That person has 24 hours to put their ride on the map.

4) Once done upload the map file WITH your new ride on it and say that the map is ready for the next person!

5) Sit back and chill!

Shops.jpg.e5e43d040c7a3707e12ec65262000fee.jpg

You MAY add shops on your turn. But they must be VERY close to your ride.

Info.jpg.afff82685833da054dfc2e383458e726.jpg

Remember that all rides MUST be under extreme in all catagories.

712102186_CloserLook.jpg.b22f7f9c14c1f0b8ecb5d99d84953521.jpg

A bit of a closer look.

Overlook.jpg.40b6e954f97b9e4b889d11faa506ec5f.jpg

An overlook at the ride.

I'll definately try this. Is there a limit to how big your section can be?

Oh also i've advise adding (Name) at the end of each ride so you know who has built what.

Yeah, its a good idea to add your name at the end of the coaster name. No actual size limit but just as courtesy it would be good if say a big hyper went away from the park instead of inside the park.

Something else I forgot to mention earlier is about scenery and landscaping. That is ALL up to you. If you want your coaster to be on a mountain you go ahead and build that mountain as long as it dosen't affect anyone elses ride.

Now, onto themeing. There is A LOT of scenery in this file. So you should be able to find something you like. Or you can do it old school (RCT1) and just have it plain. The choice is yours! Just have fun.

_six

Edited by Mr.Six

Thank you! That's what I was trying to tell him in the first place. I used the 8 cars and it really screwed up my system!! Also, I don't have wacky worlds and TT. Are we using them?? Also, when do we start? And, are we building off of that park, or are we starting off with another plot of land? Just wondering, cuz I kinda like chaos.

Thank you! That's what I was trying to tell him in the first place. I used the 8 cars and it really screwed up my system!! Also, I don't have wacky worlds. Are we using that?? Also, when do we start? And, are we building off of that park, or are we starting off with another plot of land? Just wondering, cuz I kinda like chaos.

Perhaps I should clear up the 8 Cars per trainer. I will be using it at the beginning for the money. Other than that, yeah I don't think we should use 8 cars per trainer. Because it does have a lot of bugs which usually involve (error trapper) messages to appear.

About Wacky worlds, there is scenery from it and 1 type of train that goes on the mini coaster tracks.

Also, sorry that you liked chaos because its gone. I took the screenies of it and didn't save the game. I'll upload the template in about 2 hours. That way we can clear up a few other things. Thanks for all the suggestions; they will for sure make this run smoother!

_Six

While Mission: Chaos was cool, it was an SLC!!!! AHHHH!!!!! It was a good SLC though, and I'm sorry it had to go! *(Hums "The Wedding March" or whatever it's called)*! Anyway, where'd you get the catwalks? A friend and I were just talkin bout that! Final question- eventually can we have another turn after our 4? Thanks- Tyler

Well that ride really was just to show what can be included and other details. I forget where I got the catwalks, I think they might of come on my computer when I downloaded a SFOG recreation; not sure though. But I really don't recommend them, although they look great, when the train goes on or over them there is a layer problem were it appears as if the catwalk is ontop of the train. If there is a shortage of people who want to participate then yeah, we might have to go over 4.

_six