TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Guide to Tokyo

edh

I've got a question. I notice you guys have been to Japan quite a number of times. There is a good possibility I may be traveling to Tokyo and Hong Kong for a trip in the future, and I was wondering the best way to plan for it. If it happens (it should, i've got 300K skymiles saved up so airfare isn't an issue) I would likely try and visit Tokyo for about 4 nights and then visit HK for 3-4 nights. Obviously Disney is a must, but do you have any recommendation's for some other things to do besides amusement parks? Any good places for food, drinks, shows, places for video games (my friend is a gamer who will come)?. Just anything else really you recommend to do.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Do you have some reccomendations of places to eat around Tokyo? I bookd the trip and we are staying at the Washington hotel as reccomended. We are going to be exploring the Tokyo area for 3 full days. If you have any cheap places for drinks (any all you can drink?) or other must see things.

• 3 weeks later...

^It really depends on what you're into. If you just want the credit you could be in and out in 15 minutes. If you want to do some of the interesting attractions you could easily spend 2 hours or more. If you want to explore the surrounding area you could be there all day!

I intended to stay longer, but with work, and a second trip; a cruise I have planned on NCL for a week in November kept me from it. I will for sure be spending at least two days exploring the city. As much as I love coasters, I love so see and do different things. (Still making time to visit Tokyo Dome). As for Disney, I can see going to Disney Sea, but I can't see myself going to Disneyland. I used to work at Disney, so I have been on all the rides countless times. I may have a connection to get free tickets, so if I can do that then its a no brainer to try going to both parks. We do have a 24 hour layover in L.A heading back to ATL, but unfortunately SFMM is closed and i've already been to Knotts.

Our itinerary so far for everything except the last day, an amusement park hopefully. If you have any ideas of the stuff in these areas to see that are unique and worth visiting, I would love suggestions.

Day1: (Western Tokyo)

9am: Train to Shibuya

Walk around city

12:00pm- Harajuku, Meiji Shrine

Lunch around 1:30pm: Lunch Blacows http://www.kuroge-wagyu.com/bc/lunch.html

2:30-6:00- Walk back to explore Shinjuku, Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office

4:00-5:00 Get drunk Izakaya

Robot Restaurant- 7pm-8pm

Dinner

Day 2

Wake up 6:00am

7:30AM: sushi breakfast. 9am-10:15:Tsukiji Fish Market-

10:15-10:45- Leave to Asakura

10:45-2:00 Sensoij Temple, explore Asakusa.

2:15-5:15 Akihabara

5:30-6:15- Tokyo Dome (roller coaster)

6:15- Head back to hotel, change

7:30- Leave to restaurant

8:15 Dinner at Kaiseki Kobe 511- http://www.a511.jp/en/menu/#aLunchmenu for 9 course Kobe meal

Day 3: Possibly Odaiba for a half day then do the afternoon deal for Disney Sea.

I spent 11 years working for Disney and I stil, go back to Tokyo Disney as its my favorite place in the world. Have fun in Japan, its a great place, too bad you won't even give their star attraction a courtesy visit.

Sorry, I just can't spend any more effort helping you out.