TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Attention Terrible Bronies!

I think we've beaten this topic like a dead horse (see what I did there...), so good luck to Elissa selling her stuff! Hope everyone who was interested PM'ed or e-mailed her!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a male parent??? Sure, there is adult humor in a lot of children's cartoon. It is put there for parents who are forced to watch these shows for the entertainment of their children. And if my 3 year old son wanted to watch a show intended for girls, more power to him. If he is entertained by it, I'm all for it. There is a difference between sexual stereotyping (girls play with dolls, boys play with action figures) and grown men, with no children, obsessing over a show about ponies.

This!

As parents of 5 and 6 year old girls, my husband and I have been forced to watch a lot of kids' shows, and yes, we appreciate the humor in some of them that is intended for the parental viewers. But then again, we wouldn't be watching these shows if we didn't have 5 and 6 year old girls. And we certainly wouldn't be purchasing toys of the characters. I guarantee you my husband would not know the theme songs to iCarly and Victorious and Ruby Gloom if we didn't have daughters. It's not about stereotyping that it's only for girls; if boys want to watch a show about ponies, no problem. It's about grown men watching and obsessing over a children's show, and then going out and collecting ponies that 5-year-old girls play with. That's disturbing to me.

I like that we have progressed to an age where adults cannot watch childrens shows unprovoked because they enjoy it... oh, except they do when they watch Adventure Time, Regular Show, and The Legend of Korra. Heck, throw in the Disney animated canon, Pixar, and some choice Dreamworks films as well! But My Little Pony? No, that's completely unacceptable. Shame on me for watching something that reminds me the world doesn't have to be full of sarcasm and cynicism, and then wanting to buy merchandise of said show. What a tool I've been.

Edited by ImmelMatt

I think we've beaten this topic like a dead horse (see what I did there...), so good luck to Elissa selling her stuff! Hope everyone who was interested PM'ed or e-mailed her!

Well, unfortunately that's the low men in this country have stooped to. It really is crazy how full grown men obsess over these little girl shows like little girls.

Does it really matter what we're obsessing over? Whether it's roller coaster or ponies, it shouldn't matter. We all have our hobbies and interests that make us unique. So long as the obsession doesn't stop us from getting necessary tasks done (working for pay, studying in school, etc...), what is wrong with it?

At any rate, I don't think this needs to go on. It wasn't the intention of the thread! ...Or was it? (CONSPIRACY THEORY!)

^