TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Senzafiato - speed?

How fast is the Senzafiato accelerator coaster in Miragica in Italy. RCDB gives no figures for the speed or how the train accelerates. I want to know the speed and time it takes to get to the speed - can somebody help me?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read somewhere before that it has a hydraulic launch system and its top speed is about 80 km/h or 50 mph

The miragica page on the italian wikipedia (click) pretty much says the same (though in italian). You can see it when you scroll down to the table under 'Attrazioni Estreme'. (lancio idraulico -> hydraulic launch)

I think I've also read it somewhere else, some time ago, but I don't remember where it was.

I hope this answers your question well enough.

In case of bad english, my apologies.

~Sneaky

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it is 100 km/h.

That would make it as fast as Superman at WBMW, which has a much larger top hat...

If Senzafiato was launched at that speed over that small top hat I can't imagine it being tolerable for riders.

According to the acceleration data we got of the ride on out visit there last august then the I would say about 75 km/h.

The launch force is about 1g and the duration is roughly 2.1 seconds. It's very similar to Rita and Desert Race, but with a top hat at the beginning and much smaller, so the lower speed is really expected.

1 g = 9.8 m/s^2

9,8 m/s^2 * 2.1 s = 20.6 m/s

20.6 m/s * 3.6 (value for converting from m/s to km/h) = 74 km/h

The ride though is excellent, one of the best accelerators I have ridden, mainly because it doesn't induce massive headaches as it's larger siblings does.

Here is the complete graph of the forces on Senzafiato:

red = acceleration, blue = vertical, green = lateral