TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help Wanted: Trip to New York and Orlando

We are planning a trip to New York and Orlando for the Themeparks.

We know the parks in Orlando because it will be mine 3th trip to Orlando.

Witch parks do we have to do in New York ?

Whe have heard about a 2 busses drive to Sixflag Great Adventure because the other bus is to late at the park.

Is this corect ?

Whe have in Orlando 2 weeks a car but in New York we have to depend on the busses and trains.

If you have more tips about New York like big toy shop or else please let me know.

Thx in advance and sory for my english

Edited by cfc

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a bus that leaves from Newark Penn Station in the morning (Newark, New Jersey) and returns in the evening. I think it leaves at 10 from Newark putting you at Great Adventure by 11:30, and then leaves Great Adventure at 9:30 in the evening. I'm not 100% sure on that though. You could catch the train from New York Penn Station to Newark and catch the bus there. If you get a Flash Pass, you should be able to get everything done and have time for some re-rides. I don't know of any other options except for driving.

Coney Island is super easy to get to by the subway. I believe the D, F, N, and Q trains all make their final stops there.

Rye Playland is also not far away from the city. There may be some bus service there as well but I'm not sure.

If your in New York, I know there is a bus in the Port Authority that can get from there to Great Adventure. I've never been on it but I've walked by the loading station in the morning before and have seen people with Six Flags attire.

It might be a stretch but Lake Compounce is like 2 hours away from the city and accessible by train. Maybe then go to Quassy, its not far from Lake Compounce.

Coney Island is a must if in the city. I think beatle11 is right about the subways to Coney. Get Nathan's if you go there.

Rye Playland isnt at all far from the city, maybe half an hour or so by car.

Thats really it from the New York City area in theme parks.

In stores, Toys R Us in Times Square is awesome and brings out the kid in everyone. ESPN Zone is pretty cool. Rockefeller Center is great and one of my favorite parts of the city. Relax on the Great Lawn or Castle in Central Park. For food, there is so much but if you're ever in the UpperEast side go to Shake Shack on 86th for the best burger and shake ever. Not even kidding, best meal in my life and I go almost every Friday after school.

Mark - hopefully this will help

SFGAdv, Rye Playland and Coney Island are the easiet to get to via public transportation.

SFGAdv

From NYC Port Authority Bus Terminal - Take New Jersey Transit Bus Route 308, goes to Great Adventure with one stop at Penn Station in Newark. This trip will take about 1 hour 50 minutes.

You will need to buy a bus ticket at Port Authority

http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=SixFlagsServiceTo

Rye Playland

From NYC Grand Central Station - Take the New Haven Line to the Rye Station where the No. 75 bus to Playland will meet trains throughout the day – about every half hour on Saturdays and every hour on Sundays.

You will need to buy a train ticket at Grand Central Station and use a MetroCard for the local bus in Rye.

http://www.mta.info/news/stories/?story=258

http://mta.info/mnr/html/getaways/outbound_rye.htm

Coney Island

Take D,N,F or Q subway line from Manhattan to Coney Island

You will need to use a MetroCard

Adventureland is a small park in Long Island that can be reached via the Long Island Railroad

From Penn Station you would take the Ronkonkoma Line to the Farmingdale Station and then hire a cab to take you the 3 miles to the park.

You would need to buy a train ticket at Penn Station.

Lake Compounce and Quassy are not easily reached via park transportation.

Edited by larrygator

Hi Mark - can't offer any advice about New York / Orlando, but just wanted to wish you a fun trip! It was good to meet you on the Mini-Europe trip - maybe see you again some time!

We are shure that it is gonna be a great trip.

I try to meet the group mostof the time when they come to the Netherlands or Belgium.

Who knows we meet than.

The Mini-Europe trip was awsome.