TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Questions

I'm making a trip down to carowinds for two days next week. I have a couple of questions. How should lines be during the week? I'm going either Monday & Tuesday, or Tuesday & Wenseday. What rides have on camera pictures, also this is my first time visiting a cedar fair park, what are the locker policies?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just there almost three weeks ago and the crowds were rather light. I visited on a Tuesday and Wednesday.

Intimidator, Carolina Cobra, and Afterburn are the only ones I recall having the on-ride camera. Nighthawk might have one.

You can leave your belongings on the ride platform or in the bins on the platform.

Just a recommendation - ride Nighthawk first thing in the morning. Even if the park is light in crowds this one will more than likely be your longest wait if you decide to ride it later.

Have a great time.

Intimidator, Afterburn, Ricochet, Carolina Cobra have the onride camera's, I do not recall if any others do. I have never been during the week, but I have on the weekends. As said above, make sure to get Nighthawk first thing, or you may be waiting a while. It is a great park!

Crowds will really depend on on if the weather is nice enough for people to go to the water park (which I'm sure this time of year it will be). I was there a week or two ago during the week and the park was empty because everyone was in the water park.

During a weekday, the lines won't be long unless there's some type of special event going on. Even then, the lines move pretty quickly for the most part. Definitely ride NIghthawk first thing, as it's going to be your longest wait otherwise. None of the rides have required lock.ers, and only Intimidator has a single rider line (which probably won't be used if it's a weekday). The poster above has all the on-ride photo coasters listed.

As for which seats to ride in:

Intimidator: you get a good ride no matter where you sit, but the back four rows are INSANE, and the 4th row is going to be your best ejector air seat in the front of the train

Afterburn: back right is where to go if you want the batshit crazy ride, front row is also very good

Thunder Road: either the first two rows or the 2nd to last row (middle row of back car)

Nighthawk: middle two seats in the back row

Hurler: front row or the 2nd to last row (front row of back car), but always on the left side of the train (gives you cushioning because all the turns go right)

Vortex: doesn't matter where you sit (stand), just have painkillers ready

Also DEFINITELY ride the Flyers, they're some of the best you'll find anywhere, and they encourage snapping!

Intimidator has a single rider line (which probably won't be used if it's a weekday).

The single rider line was closed the two days I was there but the wait was less than 15 minutes since it moves so fast. Sad thing is people tried to use it anyway but were forced back to the end of the line.

Afterburn: back right is where to go if you want the batshit crazy ride, front row is also very good

Never got to try the front but I agree 150% on the back right seat. On my second day I got three rides in a row without getting off the train in that seat. Absolutely phenomenal. If you want to get as many rides in on Afterburn without getting off the train - hit it right after Nighthawk in the morning since no one is back there yet.

BTW, Steve, Batshit crazy - you should trademark that. What a great description.

thank you so much everyone for all the suggestions. I'm really excited to go. I checked the weather and it's supposed to be nice, so that always helps. Out of all the coasters though I think I'm most excited to ride Carolina Cobra because i've never been on a standard boomerang, only on the giant ones at sfmm and sfog.

Another tip is to ride Carolina Cyclone in the second to last row with your head forwards in-front of the restraint. And rember to keep yourself hydrated if the temp. gets above 80 because you will basically be in a huge oven. Other than that have a nice time!