TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

First time going to Disney World...HELP!!!

kpmcman

So in a few weeks I am going to Disneyworld for a class trip. I will be in florida for 5 days, two of them travelling though. I was wondering what the must do rides and attractions are since i have no idea.

Also, i have heard there is a way to work the fastpass system...ummm, i dont know. Are there any tips that will help me use it?

Just any tips in general would be really useful

Thanks soooo much!!!

Kevin

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

This is certainly not a simple question, simply due to the size of the parks. There are a vast number of attractions, and everyone of course will have preferences. I started writing a huge list, but then realised that it would just take faaaaaar too long. There are so many good attractions across all the parks. My personal top favourites though are:

Big Thunder Mountain

Space Mountain

Mickey's Philarmagic

Haunted Mansion

Test Track

Soarin!

Tower of Terror

Lights, motor, action or whatever it's called at the studios

Backlot tour

Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster

Fantasmic

Beauty and the beast show at the studios

Expedition Everest

Dinosaur

Safari ride at Animal Kingdom

Lion King show at Animal Kingdom

River rapids at Animal Kingdom

I think that's most of my favourite ones, but seriously the list is ridiculous. When you go to Disney, just go on everything. Chances are you'll like everything. Fast pass I don't know that much about so I'll let someone else comment on that. Hope you have a good time.

Arriving early in the morning is definitely good, and leaving late is also good. Don't forget to see all the shows/parades/fireworks as well.

Also, i have heard there is a way to work the fastpass system...ummm, i dont know. Are there any tips that will help me use it?

Not exactly sure what you mean, but the Fastpass system is included with your park admission. For some of the rides, the Fastpass tickets get distributed very quickly, like Test Track for example. So you'd be wise to grab those early. I haven't been down there in years so someone from the area could give you more detailed info about which rides fill up more quickly.

So in a few weeks I am going to Disneyworld for a class trip. I will be in florida for 5 days, two of them travelling though. I was wondering what the must do rides and attractions are since i have no idea.

Just any tips in general would be really useful

Thanks soooo much!!!

Kevin

Since this is such a broad question, what I would recommend you to do is search the site as there is a lot of great information that has already been posted. After that, if you still have some more specific questions, feel free to come back and ask away.

At WDW there isn't so much more you can do to 'work' the Fastpass system anymore. The one thing to remember is that if you're park hopping you can have a fastpass at two different parks as they're on different systems. For example, say you get to Epcot in the morning, do some rides, get a Soarin Fastpass (which probably won't be good until night time!), do World Showcase then head to another park. You can come back later in the day and use that Fastpass.

Three days is not nearly enough to do Disney as a 'noobie' but it will give you a taste and you'll love it!

Also keep in mind Fast Passes don't expire until the end of the parks operating hours.

So if you get a Fast Pass for say Test Track at 1pm, and it tells you to return between 2pm &3pm, you can return at 10 pm and your Fast Pass will still be valid.

And before you get in line for any attraction make sure you have a Fast Pass in hand for another attraction. And make sure you look for and use the single rider lines, it will save you a lot of time.

If you want the front or have a preference as to where you want to sit on any attraction make sure you tell a Cast Member, they will be happy to help or try to meet your request.

Also keep in mind Fast Passes don't expire until the end of the parks operating hours.

So if you get a Fast Pass for say Test Track at 1pm, and it tells you to return between 2pm &3pm, you can return at 10 pm and your Fast Pass will still be valid.

How does that work tho? If i go back atfter 3 how can i still get in if my time has passed?

Also, how long does it take to get from park to park? I believe my tix are park hoppers...

^There's no force field keeping you out of an attraction once the listed FP return time has passed. The employees really only care about the first time listed in the return. It really is that simple, if it says come back between 1 and 3, it's good from 1 until the end of the day. Occasionally you might find an employee that stops you, but hang onto the Fastpass and come back later and you'll probably get in.

The time it takes to park hop depends on which parks are involved (some are farther apart) and whether you are driving or taking Disney transportation. And the crowd level, because sometimes you have to wait, for example, to enter or exit the Magic Kingdom via the parking lot, you're stuck taking the monorail or the ferry. Conservatively, you should budget 40 minutes or more. It isn't like Disneyland, where the gates face each other 70 yards apart.

If you want something interesting and different to do....Buy "Hidden Mickeys - A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets" It's basically a guide to where to find hidden mickeys around the parks, hotels and restaurants. The book gives you hints so that you can have fun finding the mickeys by yourself.

P.S. I would only do this if your friends would find it fun too OR if you couldn't care less what they think!