TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Questions/Concerns about modding

mcjaco

Hey guys, this here is a thread to keep tabs on items within the Game Forum. Questions, Help, dealing with idiots......you name it!

For instance, this morning Maylene posted a link for his download to Shyguy's World. AJ asked me about how this pertained to the Posting Rules, and how to go about it.

I posted my response, as I'd like (hope) to "leech" some of the members at Shyguy's to know they can come over here and post for downloads on the Game Exchange when it goes live. Most of them post on both sites anyway. Basically, we need to find a politically correct ground (for now) to drive people to TPR and the upcoming Game Exchange. So, if you see a link like this one, feel free to Copy and Paste my response to your liking.

Or if you're not sure, ask. I'll do it!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Requesting permission to post and stick a thread:

I want to stick a thread with general "rules of thumb" for when players post downloads to the forum and exchange.

For example, an RCT2 heading of the thread would include things like, "make sure objects are exported" and "include custom rides in the download" with supporting screenshots.

Edited by A.J.

AJ, let's add it to Robb's File Upload Sticky. Too many Sticky's end up getting confusing and lost.

When you're done, add a sub title to it, noting the changes on this date. I've already editted Robb's original thread to better outline our policy now.

Once the Game Exchange goes live, we'll change that whole thread.

All done. Ironically, when I edit someone else's post I end up writing my edit like they would...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping the "PLEASE READ THIS THREAD"

I'm very anal. And get kind of pissy when threads don't have the game in brackets. So if you see it's in parentheses, or some other format, just change it. If it someone that can't figure it out on multiple threads send them a gentle reminder. I usually do it in their thread so everyone can see it, thus reminding everyone......I'm watching.

I know! I hate it! Especially when it happens to me!

I try and make it a priority to get at least three or four people in a contest/challenge before I officially start it and give it a deadline. It only works a small amount of the time. I once moderated design contests on another forum, and the same kind of thing happened.

I really think we need to get a solid, TPR Sponsored Contest going. Let's start with a "simple" one - something easy to get behind and get people hooked.

Think about it this way (and I know this is coming from my years in the video games biz), think about the first TPR Contest as being like "level 1" in a game. It's usually pretty easy, you can get through it quickly, and as long as it's fun, you want to keep playing more.

Same "rules" apply here...

Think about it....