TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Burnsmith Forest [RCT2]

Hello TPR. Some of you have probably seen my coasters, well I have tried my hand at an actual park. This park is called Burnsmith Forest, it is a small family operated park in the woods of Tennessee. It has three four coasters so far (five if you count the Premier water coaster). There is a Dinn woodie named Barnstormer, a Schwartzkopf looper named Tennessee Thunder, an Arrow mine train named Silver Rush, and a Miler kiddie coaster named Little Coaster. There is a beautiful river that runs through the park, but the park does not have permits to build a bridge over the river for reasons nobody understands. But enough talking, onto the pictures.

July 2008.

SCR101.BMP

The entrance to Burnsmith Forest.

SCR102.BMP

The Country Kitchen serves delicious Southern style recipes such as chicken and ham.

SCR103.BMP

The Steakhouse serves steak and burgers seen on tv shows everywhere.

SCR104.BMP

The Nashville Grille's ribs have been recognized as some of the best ribs in the world.

SCR105.BMP

This Dinn creation, Barnstormer has held up remarkably well since it was added in 1991.

SCR106.BMP

Barnstormer's station.

More coming soon including the three (or four) other coasters.

Please leave your comments and criticism.

Edited by imawesome1124

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Nice job, I have to say you've REALLY improved! Those are some great buildings for your first park! You're really showing the potential you've always had. Although I do feel that the station for the Woodie seems a little too big, everything really blends well together and I can't wait for another update.

Oh, and I've always wanted to say this, but I'm the one that sat across from you at the East Coast Bash during lunch. Do ya remember me?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TPR!!!

I have another update for you. I included the three other big coasters and some other rides.

August 2008

It's late in the season and I have pictures of some other of our most popular rides.

SCR107.BMP

The Bell Witch House is based on the story of the Bell Witch which originates from Tennessee. There are several good scares and some gruesome scenes and is not reccomended for little ones.

SCR108.BMP

Mine Shaft Escape, the Premier water coaster has been one of the most popular rides in the park since 2004.

SCR109.BMP

Mine Shaft Drop is a heavily themed ARM drop tower and is one of the tallest towers ARM has made.

SCR110.BMP

Mining Expedition is the tamer of the two truck rides, this one is more for kids.

SCR111.BMP

Silver Rush is an Arrow mine train and has been one of the guest's favorites since 1981.

SCR113.BMP

Tennessee Thunder was added a year before Silver Rush and is a very intense coaster.

SCR114.BMP

At the time this was built, this swooping turn over the water was one of the scariest moments of any coaster in existence.

One more thing, ignore the rating, it's just the stupid AI being stupid.

Comments are always welcome.

^Sorry, I only saw this thread until now Don't worry, maybe you jut put it up at the wrong time and it got bumped down too easily. Happens to me a lot, but by the next update people comment again (Although, it seems to have turned into a majority of the former as of late).

Hmm, I think what you should work on is keeping your layouts more compact. I don't know if it's just me,. but when I see a roller coaster in RCT2 scattered and it takes up more space than it needs to, (like your mine train), it doesn't give off too great of a look. But I REALLY like that water coaster, and the drop tower is GREAT! Just take a look at your coaster layouts and then you've taken another big step to becoming a great player!

Comments mean a lot to me, I try to take everyone's advice the best I can and take a lot of suggestions. If I don't get a lot of comments it makes it seem like nobody is interested. But anyways, I have another update.

August 2008

I forgot to include this in the last update.

SCR117.BMP

Minetown was added to the park in 1973, and only consisted of shops and kids play areas.

SCR112.BMP

Splash Mine is a custom Arrow log flume that gets you DRENCHED!! Don't ride it to close to your leaving the park because you will be going home wet.

SCR115.BMP

The trucks in Monster Jam are powered by 10 horsepower gasoline engines and are more thrilling than Mining Expedition which are electrical powered.

SCR118.BMP

Flash Flood surprisingly gets you less wet than Splash Mine.

SCR119.BMP

Barbara Dowdy was a friend of the Burnsmith family who sadly lost her battle with cancer in 2001, this restaurant was constructed in her honor.

SCR120.BMP

Hot Rods is the parks famous car ride. In the station you can see the famous "Pink Cadillac" car.

I don't see the point in having two monster truck rides. stick with the first one showed as it fits the area there while this one just seems slapped together. The water ride seems tall, but that's not a bad thing either.

The mine train seems a bit too long, but maybe if it hugged the terrian more, it would look more like a mine train rather then what it looks right now.

Sorry to nit pick, but you have the ideas to make a great park, but the time an excution in this park is what is hurting the overall look.

However, this is an improvement nevertheless.

Breaking News!!

Fire at Burnsmith Forest!!

The Monster Jam ride was getting an inspection one hour prior to park opening, when smoke was seen coming from one of the vehicles. Before crews had time to react the vehicle burst into flames and the gas tank exploded! The fire spread to two other vehicles and fried the electronics and damaged the track. Minor burns were reported, those personnel were taken to a nearby hospital. The only pictures came after the damage was done.

SCR128.BMP

Two hours after the incident: The damage may not look like much, but firefighters say it is beyond repair and will be demolished.

SCR129.BMP

One week after the incident: The damaged track was removed.

SCR130.BMP

Four weeks after the incident: The entire track was removed.

2009 Announcement!

Two things are happening for the 49th season at Burnsmith Forest. The first is not good news, our beloved thrill ride, Ring of Fire (seen in 1st shot in the second update) will no longer be with us. The running costs are too high and it will be sold to a local fair. Now for the good news. A new car ride will replace Monster Jam. This will feature replica Model T's in a drive through the woods and across the river. We still cannot build anything that starts on the other side of the river but we will try as hard as we can to get the permits for next season. Here is a teaser for the new ride.

SCR131.BMP

I think it turned out rather nice.

Sorry to triple post but I have an update.

March 2009

I went to the park to take a look around and I must say the new car ride is great. While I am going to miss the Ring of Fire, I feel this is a great addition.

SCR132.BMP

The covered bridge offers guests a great view of the white waters of the park's senic river.

SCR133.BMP

The scenery depicts a quaint neighborhood in the countryside.

SCR135.BMP

For the sixth year in a row, the Nashville Grille was recognized as the best amusement park restaurant in the country!

SCR136.BMP

Silver Rush placed third spot overall on the "best family attraction" top 50 list.

SCR137.BMP

Here you can see that the Ring of Fire is no more. I heard from the Dippin Dots guy that something will replace it next year.

SCR138.BMP

Hot Rods is still one of the guest's favorite rides, although I heard it's days are numbered. The ride is showing its age.

Have a great day!

^ Actually he said it would be a 600 foot Strata-woodie with Timberliner trains.

Update:

April 2009

Okay, so I was on Vintage Cars and had just gotten across the covered bridge when I saw what appeared to be a group of people with what looked like surveying equipment. I went around a second time and saw a convoy of jeeps driving through the woods on the other side of the river. I don't have any pictures since I didn't have my camera with me that day. There are a whole list of things weird about that. One, that area is strictly off limits to anyone and everyone, there is a strict penalty if anyone is caught on that side up to and including being banned from Burnsmith Forest property for life and imprisonment. Two, there are no trails of any type that I know of over there. Three, the jeeps had some kind of logo and initials which appeared to be LRSD. I had no idea what they could be doing there or why they were there. It just seems bizarre. What do you think?

Another update.

April 2009

I took a ride over the park in a helicopter to get a few ariel shots of the park. This should give you an idea about how the park is laid out, how much land has been use, and how much undeveloped land there is.

SCR139.BMP

Overview of Burnsmith Forest.

SCR140.BMP

Overview of the undeveloped land.

SCR141.BMP

Layout of Tennessee Thunder.

SCR142.BMP

Hard-to-see layout of Silver Rush.

SCR143.BMP

Splash Mine, the oldest ride in the park.

SCR144.BMP

Overview of Minetown.

SCR145.BMP

Barnstormer's impressive layout.

SCR146.BMP

And finally an overview of the new Vintage Cars.