TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A new Cedar Point!

In the El Paso Times a week ago it said that the city represenitives took a trip to Cedar Point to get ideas for a new theme park they want to build here in El Paso. Our 15 acre amusement park that sits in Ascarate Park is moving to New Mexico and the city wants to build a massive theme park to raise tourism. The owner of Western Playland was mad because the city never told him what they wanted and never gave him more land for expansion. After being here for 45 years, he said it's sad that he's leaving and they are going to put in a massive theme park. The city is trying to get Cedar Point to put up another coaster park right here in El Paso. El Paso has always been cheap and and now with a new mayor, he wants more for the city. I think this is great and the city represenatives was very impressed with Top Thrill Dragster (You have to remember that this is El Paso and many people don't get out much). I think it is awesome that this new mayor is trying to make El Paso better than the sh*^ hole it is now. What do you think about this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if Cedar Fair really WILL build in Texas, but it would expand their enterprise, so it's a good idea. If they buy a coaster, its probabbly going to be something from GL....unfortunately. *Still wants to ride a floorless or a flyer...*

If Cedar Fair built in Texas it wouldn't be in El Paso, 650 miles from Dallas .. closed to 800 from Houston .. there's no way.

I read the article and it said they were in the Cleveland area looking at parks, so Cedar Point and Geauga Lake. The coaster for sale is prolly at Geauga Lake, I could see the Boomerang being up for sale or maybe Cedar Point's Wildcat, but Cedar Point is so aimed on having the most coasters and Wildcat takes up very little space.

Other than that, not sure Cedar Fair would even build in Texas with it being Six Flags and Busch country with Six Flags running most of the major parks around here.

If CF built in TX, I highly doudt it would be "CP size". Also, I agree it would be in one of the three laregest cities in TX... Dallas would be good, because it has a large population, San Antonio has a large population and good tourism and Houston again, has a lot of people and I don't think they would have to worry about too much competition from SFAW.