TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion Opening 2010

Hey everyone,

I wanted to know if you guys expect the 2010 opening for kings to be wild? I am going that Friday, but I am a little hesitant on the expected lines due to the grand opening of the new roller coaster.

Does anyone have season pass's for kings this year?

oh! and why did they take down the xlc, and the backwards way for the rebel?

Thanks,

cara

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cara,

Opening day will be pretty busy for the I305. But, most people in the Richmond area don't know that the park opens on April 2ND. Mostly they only know that KD is getting Intimidator 305. I trust other than coaster enthusiasts, the park will not have a large crowd. I will be at the park on Friday as well, not until the afternoon. Other than I305 most lines will be moderately long.

As for XLC and Backwards, the park officially states they were removed for "unpopularity" though it has been highly speculated that XLC was removed for unreliability and high maintenance costs. It is believed that backwards was removed for safety reasons by the manufacturers (PTC).

I'll be going Saturday - getting my pass processed that morning before heading in to get on I305. I'm anticipating waiting at least a couple hours because I won't be motivated to wake up early AND I'll be processing my pass which can take a while on opening weekend... Meh, as long as I get on it I'll be happy.

So the lines will be about the same as a week day per say in a regular summer?

Sorry buddy, I would not wait more than 45 minits for a roller coaster. Perhaps if I live two days from the place, and realy wanted to get on that ride, but not if i have season pass. ^.^

Question- Do we get in early if we have vip pass's friday? I am wakeing up early & getting their like an hour early. I have not been to kings but once last year, and maybe once the year before.

Shoot if they are worried about safety, They would look at that bob sheld roller coaster. I love it, but it scares the crap out of me ever since playing roller coaster tycoon & crashing that kind of roller coaster. I loved the back wards on the rebel. Anything interesting happening to the Hurler? Not many people realy know about that past paced roller.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's Palmer!

Of course, this rider and amusement park flyer is gonna be there that Good Friday to see if that so-called INTIMIDATOR305 can intimidate me.

"Are you kiddin' me? I rode rides such asTOP THRILL DRAGSTER,KINGSTA KA, and the ever-famous MILLENNIUM FORCE, so a little coaster like that isn't gonna intimidate me (much)."

Now, as for animalfarm2006's question about the removal of HYPERSONIC XLC, I agree with KDcoasterMAN's answer, but I also believe there was a second reason why they removed that ride: low rider queueing (only eight riders per train. Still, I got to ride that ride a lot when it was there.

"It gives me an extra reason to hate Kings Dominions for removing three rides that I've enjoyed: the other two rides were the Galaxi coaster and the Lost World Attraction."

But I'll be looking forward to the 2010 season, and I hope it's a goodie!!!

"Palmer, you typed enough for one day. Rest your head on me."

I will be there friday and saturday morning just for Intimadator 305 I will also be getting a platinum Pass so I can try Demon Drop at Dorney, Intimadator at Carrowinds, And Intimadator 305. Most of the part I will be going to KD becuase I live in Frederick MD which is in the DC area so it is three hours away. All I can do now is count off the days of this awesome date even if the KD staff are kind of rude lol.

How many people will be at KD on April 2nd? I know i will, just wondered if people wanted to try and meet up. It would be nice to get to meet some of the TPR folks in this area. I will also be at Carowinds the weekend before for the opening of that Intimidator, if anyone wants to meet up there.

How is the Dragster? Me and my best freind want to travel to ohio just for that ride ever since it came out.

I would not mind meeting some people at kd. I am driving myself there so I won't be having any dependants with people.

The people there can't be ruder than Six flags in maryland. That place sucks donkey Censored. ^.^ Reason why I would rather pay 90 for a vip pass to kings than 60 for a season pass to six flags.

Does anyone know if the seats for the imtimadator are going to be as tight as the superman at six flags? I could barely get the damned seat belt to snap + I saw some realy tall dude not be able to get on because of his legs.

How many people will be at KD on April 2nd? I know i will, just wondered if people wanted to try and meet up. It would be nice to get to meet some of the TPR folks in this area. I will also be at Carowinds the weekend before for the opening of that Intimidator, if anyone wants to meet up there.

I would but I am only 13 Maybe my parents and I will meet up but I am the only one intrested in this suubject in the family so I really do not know but it does sound like a good idea.

Does anyone know if the seats for the imtimadator are going to be as tight as the superman at six flags? I could barely get the damned seat belt to snap + I saw some realy tall dude not be able to get on because of his legs.

Don't think it has seatbelts like Superman due to having over heads. It might have a belt that goes between your legs and clips into the overhead as a redundancy system.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, If anybody was wondering... And If you didn't know... the quickest way to the Intimidator is... Wait, Why would I tell you. One less person in front of me the better...

JK, I believe that the little midway that parallels the Dominator cuts through most of the Kidzville/Planet Snoopy traffic and spits you out right next Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack.