TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] Boss inspired wooden coaster

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so it's been a very long while since I've worked on this at all due to work, school assignments, and other family problems. Today I took some time to work on it and here's a small update with a bit of scenery. Just keep in mind that there is still A LOT of work left to be done and I'm not nearly finished. If you have any ideas that would make this unique, let me know

Overview

Alright, now I have a question. Once I put wide supports around this turn, would the section be able to stand safely?

Alright, now I have a question. Once I put wide supports around this turn, would the section be able to stand safely?

Yes, but it depends how much positive forces are being put in the turn. The rule of thumb is the more weight pushed against the structure should be compensated for that extra weight the G-forces generate.

Nice coaster By the way.

• 5 months later...

Well, after 6 months since my last post, I still have not done much on this but do have another update. Things are going pretty slow and I am working on 2 other projects off and on. Supporting is taking a lot out of me but it is still progressing. Slowly. Enjoy.

Start of headchoppers under airtime hills

Crossover

End of turnaround

Going into MCBR

Turn into MCBR again

Laterals

Headchoppers again. Refined.

Start of transfer track

Chain building thing

Opinions/comments?

^It's magic.

I'm still rather impressed with the ride, man!

I do agree, there needs to be some editing of the supports. On CCIs, instead of there being an X shape in the trusses, it's a slant /. The direction of the slant stays the same for the entire track I believe. If you start doing / on the lift, the brakes would be / as well.

Keep it up!

^No, actually the only wood magic used on this is for the supports directly under the track and the catwalk/handrails. I've done all wide supports and lateral supports myself. And yeah I know it should be a slant however that's quite a bit of work. Keep in mind I'm still working on this and have a FAR way to go. But yeah, anything other than the supports directly under the track are done by me myself and I.

But thank you for both of your comments. I'm just trying to finish all this up soon. It's getting on my nerves and supporting's a pain in the arse haha