TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SCarowinds 2009

Friends and I visited our third and last Halloween event for October. We vistited Carowinds on Halloween day for their Scarowinds Halloween Haunt Event in SC//NC and it was by far waaay better than Howl-O-Scream & Halloween Horror Nights! [even though they kinda stole the Saw house idea in the Slaughter House where they were playing the saw themed music and everything] I was pretty shocked and wasnt expecting such scary houses and scare zones. Wait times werent has long as time at Universal and there were more houses also. This was our first time checking out the event and my friends & I agree that its now our new favorite Halloween event:)

Did anyone else check out SCarowinds this year?? If so what did you like or dislike about the event???

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is the first time I have ever heard someone say our event was better than HHN. I'm glad you liked it.

Were you the guy who was wearing the TPR hoodie or was that someone else?

Just to let you know, Slaughterhouse is about 5 years old now and it has been using the Saw theme music for at least the past 3. So, if there was any resemblance between them, Slaughterhouse is obviously the original.

Every maze at Scarowinds is good even the short little Camp Killalui or how ever you spell it. The Asylum being my personal favorite. I went to Scarowinds almost every day of it this year and just had so much fun. Whether it was to just go and chill on rides or actually go to the mazes. I recommend it to any avid fan of the scare events.There's alot of random chainsaw people to..which was weird coming out of Last laff.

I wonder how can someone say scarowinds is better than HHN! I mean...wow... The atmosphere at HHN was not repeative like scarowinds, the house offerings the quality at HHN was much more detailed. HHN has options; stay and scream, rip tours, express pass...not to mention the shows. I was able to complete all 8 house at HHN multiple times on each night I went, how often does that happen at scarowinds?

I mean scarowinds is a great regional event and all but I personally don't think its better than HHN.

I agree, I can't imagine SCarowinds being better than HHN, even though I've never been to it but I've seen ptrs of it.

I think SCarowinds has come a long way though.

I worked at the park this year, and was normally at Cobra photo or Ricochet photo. I was at Cobra until 10:00 Halloween.

Whoa Davie you picked the right night, because the Saturday before it was very busy. The rain scared away a lot of people Halloween.

What was scarier was seeing some of the park guests on Halloween night.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i agree with you DarkStitch626, Asylum was my favorite also along with the slaughter house. And ok ok ok! I will say HHN is waay more detailed in their houses but idk like i didnt get scared scared like I did at Scarowinds haha!

And oh lord! bgwfreak777 your right..boy did it rain that day ugh!! Oh well still a pretty good time i'd say. Sorry to those who might not have like me saying how Scarowinds was "better" than HHN lol. I only said that mainly for two reasons..it was jammed packed with huge wait times and 2nd bcuz express passes were waaay expensive! I would have probably enjoyed it more if it wasnt so packed. Anyways I cant wait for next Halloween:)