TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Effects On TDK At SFGAdv

I went yesterday and love the new added effects, the truck effect really made me and my friends scream like a group of little girls, we didn't expect it to happen while sitting on the break run. The new batman symbol and rainbow strobes on the breaks are really cool too.

Anyone else see these?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new additions, the only thing is the horn is so annoying since you can hear it throughout the ride. It is great riding with other people and watching them getting scared with the subway car at the end with the clowns.

It's a great addition because even though you can hear it from everywhere you think it will happen when your moving, so you hit the break run completely not expecting it, and the fact that people think the ride is over and your not moving fast and it makes you feel like you can't get out of the way. I like it.

I for one actually didn't like it. To me it was just a bad way to try and scare people at the end of the ride. And the projections in your eyes weren't too fun either.

I went into the ride hearing the bad reviews about it but I didn't think that it could really be that bad. I was rather impressed with the preshow, but then the actual ride just sucked. All the effects were timed wrong, the track was easily visible, there was virtually no theming for the second half of the ride, and the truck noise was just annoying.

So no, I don't think that the new effects did anything for the ride.

^

See how things can be so different from a person to the other. I thought that the ride was much more fun that I thought it would be reading at first. Yes it's a Wild Mouse...but still I enjoyed it, more than any other.

If you don't focus on the track, it's barely visible (especially if you sit in the back). It's missing theming, I agree, but again, I thought that there would be a lot less based on people's reviews.

They whole time, I could hear the horn and was waiting for a truck to come our way... But when we hit the brake, I forgot about it and go scared. Totally unexpected.

Still, don't get me wrong. TDK isn't one of my favorite coasters at all, but yes, I did enjoy it and thought it was somewhat of a great addition to park (clearly missing family rides).

while it did kind of catch me by surprise, it was still annoying... like the rest of the ride. I remember thinking, " ugh... what was the point of that!" I also thought all the themeing was so poorly done and vacant. really really lame ride for a wild mouse. i wish they put a spinning coaster in that spot instead, would have been much cooler.