TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb, how do you make the dvds?

expeditioneverestfan

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm not Robb, but basically it's just ordering bulk packages of blank DVD's and as well as cases from an online media distributor. He also has a replicator that will burn multiple (I think 5?) discs at once. So once he has a final disc, he (or one of the many awesome TPR bitches) replicated the discs, prints out the covers, and puts it in the case.

You can buy blank DVD cases, and printable DVDs (which you need a printer for), at OfficeMax, etc.

I use them for some of the DVD's I sell. I do much smaller batches, so it's the easiest way.

(And they aren't coaster vids)

Forgive my electronic ignorance, but how exactly do you get the labels directly onto the DVD's? I've heard terms tossed around like "writable DVD labels", and the TPR discs don't look like a sticker's been applied, so I was wondering if that's the case.

^ I believe Robb gets his discs professionally printed. I may be wrong. I recall some sort of a discussion on it somewhere, at some time.

I buy DVDs that already have a white "writable" surface on them. You can stamp on them, write on them with a permanent marker, or if you have the cash, you can buy a printer designed for such discs that will print whatever graphics you want on them.

^There is also something called Lightscribe that burns the image using the same drive that you burn the CD in and special disks.

Not sure if it's what Robb uses, but there are lightscribe replcators out there so it's very possible, it would also save on ink and the chance of screwing up a perfectly good playable disk with a sticker-type label.

Lightscribe creates a etching on the disc. It's not like TPR's pad printed titles on each disc.

The discs I buy literally have a label imbedded on them so they cannot peel off. You can buy a CD/DVD printer that can then print on these discs. If they weren't $500......

Yeah, I have the lightscribe on my computer and it works well, although you have to get special DVD's for them and they aren't cheap. I bought a few just to see how it worked and IMO even though it's cool, I don't care to pay $1 per disc.

As far as buying DVD's, DVR tapes, etc, I've been using tapestockonline.com for probably 5 or so years. I believe Robb is the one who turned me onto them.