TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags over Texas

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back on Sunday from a mission trip to the Dominican Republic. On the 20th of June, I had a layover in Dallas, and on the flight to Miami, I saw SFOT. Right under us. I could pinpoint every coaster. I have only been there once. When I was a baby. So I was crushed I couldn't go

Just an hour ago, my pastor informed me that she's taking us middle and high school kids to SFOT HELL YES!!! I'm sooooo excited. I went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas a few months ago. Great place ... Now I can compare two Premier LIM launchers!

Apparently Texas Giant re-opened this week. Sounds like a guide rail or something came off and caused one of the trains to drag down the track.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/070609dnprosixflags.1458b656.html

Hopefully it is still running for the TPR Texas trip report. You guys are going to be in almost uninhabitable heat! This is one of the hottest summers I recall and Ive lived here for 34 years!

-GG

• 11 months later...

My friends and I went to SFOT on May 24, 2010. Our school let out early so we figured we could get on all the rides with little or no line. Unfortunately, there were a ton of school groups there for it being a Monday. Crowd-wise, it was better than I saw it during Spring Break. Six Flags came out with Play Passes this year, meaning it is basically a Season Pass but cheaper and without coupons. Due to the tight economy, DFW isn't traveling much further than our personal Six Flags for entertainment. My friend ran into trouble when her playpass wouldn't work because the computer systems showed it had been scanned once before that day, even though it hadn't. Customer Service at the Will Call booth lacked servely. For a line of about 45 people, they had 2 impossibly slow workers delegating. That made for a slow, frustrating start to the day. Upon getting into the gates, things picked up greatly. The only thing that would have been better if we had gone on a day with full park hours. Six at night comes pretty early when you and your friends are having fun.