Old MOA Camp Snoopy rendering

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to this ice rink in Santa Rosa that Charles Schulz's family had built. There is a gift shop nearby (as well as a full-on Charles Schulz museum) that has a bunch of Peanuts stuff on display. This is hanging on one of the walls... at first I thought it was a map of the Camp Snoopy at KBF... and I couldn't figure out what those "towers" were

edit] The rink's website here: http://www.snoopyshomeice.com The rink itself is awesome, and I recommend any Peanuts fans in driving distance to check it out if you haven't already. I've been living relatively close by for about 10 years but never made it out there until this year.

What saddens me is that rendering was done in the same spirit of what used to make Knott's a unique, amazing park, and most of which has long been lost or demolished.

I will say though, even with the Nick Universe re-theme, the park retains much more of it's original create spirit than I think even Knott's Berry Farm does today.

--Robb

Thanks. I really like this park. I have been there three times now, with my first visit being just after they started to phase out the Camp Snoopy stuff. I can't believe they now have five coasters in there. I am looking forward to my next Minneapolis trip so I can see the new Nick theming.

It is great to see the park as envisioned in its original state.