TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thunder Lakes - RCT2

...wait, nevermind. has TT/WW.

Sorry nin it was the only way to get the style rides I was after for the park. It wouldn't have looked right using a Pick-Up Truck (car ride) in the Martian area of the park, needed the Hover Cars from TT and wanted the Hippo Submarine Ride from WW to travel around the Jungle the area instead of the regular Submarine Ride. Used lots of TT/WW rides and scenery all over the park.

You can probably pick up both expansion pack for less than 10 bucks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ What kind of a weird installation issue are you having? A while back I had a problem getting the 2nd disk of SimCity4 to auto start and complete the installation of the game. I had to unpack the entire game from the disk and save it on my computer then manually install the whole thing. Is it that kind of issue?

Believe it or not I am still playing around in the park. Don't think I will put a new park out for download at this time. Not enough has changed (yet). But I think I will continue to give an update every now and then and post pictures of some of the changes.

This morning I added other new ride to the park. It is called Ammit after the Egyptian god of destruction. The ride is the Council Frisbee from one of the LOTR parks.

Hope the park is not causing anyone any problems.

If for some reason you want an updated version of the park just send me a PM about it and I will send it.

Thanks again for your interest in my park.

1337139805_ThunderLakesAmmitBA.JPG.6d7d5e995846edad3be2bb0c0330209d.JPG

The before and after pictures.

data redundancy error. basically the cd is screwed, yet it works on other computers? also, my original rct2 dic would install but wouldnt start up, thus making me get a no cd patch. is that what your sc4 game did?

^ Nope, that is your computer being a jerk. I would move everything to your second hard drive if you have one (or put what matters to you on discs if you don't) and re-boot the evil machine back to the day you brought it home.

Had the same problem with my mothers Magic Jack. It worked great for a while then the computer decided it didn't like it anymore and refused to recognize it was even hooked up. Took it home an put it on my computer and it worked just fine. Did a re-boot on her computer a few days later and all was fixed and have had no problems since.

Don't know how long you have been having this problem but I would take care of it before it happens to any other programs.

• 8 months later...

Hi again everyone, ever since I found non WW/TT versions of the rides I used in this park I have been wanting to switch them out. So over the last few days I have swapping out rides all over the park and finished up yesterday. Then It was on to the WW/TT stalls used in the park. Well I couldn't find any of them so I started working on converting them over myself. Now all the stalls are done and I have replaced them in the park. Next up will be trying to find versions of the scenery I used. If I can't get everything I need I will make converted versions of them myself or try to find suitable replacements.

If anyone is interested I have included the stalls in a zip file attached to this post so you can put them in your parks. They have been tested and work fine. Since they are so theme specific I went ahead and made them all multi purpose stalls so you don't need to put in a un-themed Drinks (soda) stall next to your themed Neptune Sea Food stall and so on. I did not do the 2 tent style stalls in the game. If anyone wants those let me know and I will add them in.

If you downloaded these stalls prior to 6/29/10 you need to do it again, a labeling error was made on one of them. SORRY FOR THE PROBLEM!

Just a heads up, I don't think the videos posted in this thread are working any longer, or should I say I can't get them to work. If you want to see videos of this park visit my YouTube page.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/user/dmaxsba

1557794816_ConvertedStalls.JPG.783216d8f63f43e5cad374a7c9aa17cf.JPG

TT Stalls Converted.zip

Edited by dmaxsba2408

I would think this in no more of a copyright infringement than any other item altered in the Object Editor. 99% of all so called user created objects from walls and roofs to altered base blocks are based of off in game objects so just about all of the content available for the game is a copyright infringement. These stall all have been altered by me and had their properties changed just like almost all of the custom content that is available.

However with that said, if the management of this site does feel this download is in bad taste by all means remove it.

The items will still come with the park when it is released as with all other exported content.

I would think this in no more of a copyright infringement than any other item altered in the Object Editor. 99% of all so called user created objects from walls and roofs to altered base blocks are based of off in game objects so just about all of the content available for the game is a copyright infringement. These stall all have been altered by me and had their properties changed just like almost all of the custom content that is available.

However with that said, if the management of this site does feel this download is in bad taste by all means remove it.

The items will still come with the park when it is released as with all other exported content.

I'd agree. Usually if something has been changed more than 10%, it won't fall under copyright. That's not set in stone, just a generic figure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again everyone, this time I have tried my hands at switching over a complex expantion pack item. It is the anamatronic space ranger. In order for me to relpace WW/TT items in the park I have to keep both packs running on my computer till they are all removed... so I need someone who is not running WW/TT at the moment to load this item into their basic RCT2 and see if it works.

If this works it is game on and this should go rather quickly. If not it's back to the drawing board.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who gives it a shot.

61948680_SpaceRanger.jpg.e7084e73b2f8ccc912dc045781ac3f02.jpg

SPACE01c.DAT

• 4 weeks later...

I can help you out. I understand the challenge you're talking about. My first park I made I accidentally included a TT object in it which really limited who could open it because at the time TT just came out. I'm taking my own steps to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

I just need to stop worrying about messing up current games and the object quest I am on and just uninstall WW/TT and try it out myself like I did with the stalls and then put everything back in. At the moment my objdata folder is holding well over 15,000 items. I still have hundreds of parks to open in search of more so I have to keep both expansion packs installed for the time being. I am creating a personal object/ride/stall database of every possible item I can find so I can help anyone who asks for a DAT that they are missing or for anyone who sees an object somewhere like at the RCT2 Object List site and can't find a download for it. Kind of like a warehouse for DATs.

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand your English correct your saying things in the park can be done better. < YES - very true!

You altered (fixed) 3 items in the Medieval area of the park. < That sounds interesting, please put up some pictures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love playing around in others peoples parks and changing things that I think need fixed, it's so cool to me that someone is taking the time to do it with one of my parks.

Makes me smile.

• 9 months later...

Well bumping topics if asking for a download is great but don't bump the topic saying good luck with the rest when the park is already completed. And has been replied quite sometime ago.

Anybody know what happen to dmaxsba? I miss him