TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I've been experiencing this really annoying problem with NL since I got my new computer that is running Vista x64. It has kept me from making coasters in ages, but now I really want to go back and start building again.

So here's my problem:

The installation of NL works fine, and so does the simulator - I can ride other people's coaster without any problems; the problem comes when I want to build a coaster myself, or check out how the coaster I ride are made.

In the editor I can see the menu and all the tools, but the construction site is just one white screen with nothing on it - no girders, no texture - nothing at all. That means that I don't have any opportunity to create

Over at Coastercrazy, I've seen that several people are running NL fine with Vista - also my version of it. On the other hand, I've also heard that a few (really few) are experiencing problems, but nothing that comes close to my problem.

If there's anyone out there who has a solution - please speak! Right now I'm quite desperate; I'm missing NL so much.

~ Steffen Kristiansen

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more like a hardware problem.

Try running the editor in Software Rendering Mode (separate icon in the start menu folder) and see if that works.

If it does, it means the GPU in your computer isn't up to the task.

I've also had this problem ( though I use 32bit) and on my side , it was in the configuration of the desktop ( aero etc )

Just go to the NL icon , rigth click , compatibility and then .. erm .. I don't know how to translate , but it's the one below the "shutdown visual theme's"

It worked for me