TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magic Mountain Trip

bhslhs

Hey guys, i'm kinda new at the website stuff so i'm still trying to figure everything out, but i do enjoy the dvd's i've gotten so far from you guys so kudos to you. My question is about Magic Mountain. My dad and i are gonna go there this june for the first time for 2 days and i was wondering what are the most important or best rides there that we would need to get on over the other rides, if that makes any sense

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny...I just went yesterday, and two weeks ago, too!

I'd say to definitely get on X2, being that it's only one of two such rides in the world.

Riddler's Revenge is the biggest standup coaster, and it's one of my personal favorites.

Goliath is flat out speed during the first half, and curves and high G-forces during the second half. Still as smooth as the day it opened in my opinion.

Tatsu is the biggest B&M flyer to date, and it's a blast, but beware of slow throughput.

Hope that helped.

Eric

Pretty much all of MM's coasters are great and worth riding IMO.

- X2. It's a 4D coaster, blah blah blah, and the best.

- Tatsu. Such a fun coaster. It's amazing. THe pretzel loop, the other inversions, the position it puts you in...all a great ride.

- Goliath. Another very fun coaster, not too thrilling IMO but still fast with a great helix and some floater air.

- Riddler's Revenge. The loops are great, the position is great, and the hang-time is great. Sit in the front!

- Scream. Used to be a decent coaster, now it just sucks. I hate it. It always makes me dizzy, it's a little rough, you slam on the brakes, the inversions are horrible...I guessyou could skip this one if you wouldn't to.

- Viper. A very nice ride. It has great speed, a great first drop, some air-time coming up to the MCBR, and awesome hang-time in the second half.

- Batman: The Ride. I actually don't like this one much either, it makes me really sick and dizzy, but it's still a great ride it is worth riding.

- Deja Vu. A very cool ride/experience. You have to ride this one!

- Superman: The Escape. Boring, can be skipped.

- Colossus. It's no big deal. Not very fun, not that rough, it's just kinda...there. Can be skipped.

- Terminator (new coaster). I have no idea but it looks great.

- Ninja. A pretty cool ride and probably one of the most fun coasters in the world...or country...or California...okay SFMM.

- Revolution. A nice little ride, I enjoy it. It can be skipped though.

- Gold Rusher. I also enjoy this one but I guess it can be skipped.

- Canyone Blaster. Kiddie coaster.

Are going on a weekend trip? If you are there on a weekend before school is out, you should have two pretty easy days of riding everything in the park. If you are going there late in the month of June, you might experience some long line on Tatsu, Terminator, Goliath, Riddler's Revenge, Deja Vu, and ofcoarse X2. Superman and Batman also can have some pretty long lines on good summer days. Here are some rides I don't think you should miss out on.

Goliath - Amazing first drop, very forcefull helix

Riddler's Revenge - I've heard bad things about stand-up coasters, but I can't complain about this one.

Tatsu - World's Largest Flying coaster, very exciting layout

X2 - If you've never been on a 4D coaster, you have to ride this

Colossus - Big drops, classic fun

i'm going there on the 21st and 22nd so i'm sure the crowds will be fairly sizeable, but its a monday and tuesday, and maybe even sunday evening if we have enough time. Thanks for all of your input, how long are the lines, cuz i've waited an hour for a ride and i can do that pretty easily but i saw on one of the dvds when x opened people would wait up to 7 hours to get on it, are some of the lines up to 7 hours or was the just a bizzare thing

I've never been on a B&M but I've heard nothing but good about their rides. I've been on a couple of Custom Coaster rides, a few arrow rides, one Intamin AG ride (California Screamin) and 2 vekoma rides. One of which is my favorite ride so far (Aftershock). But anyways I was very suprised that Scream wasn't one of the top choices because of all the good things i've heard about B&M looping rides. Especially their floorless coasters. What is it about that ride that makes it so unsatisfying? Is it the number of inversions, or is it really rough?

-Thanks

Bobby

The first couple years of operation where great! The fact that it was built over a parking lot never really bothered me (Something else would be an improvement, but not much) The layout is great, but the ride has been getting a little rough. My problem is, I think there is too much vibration on the ride.

Deja Vu is the same ride as Aftershock.

And now knowing that you've never been on a B&M, I highly recommend Batman the Ride!

Haha thanks again. I'll be sure to get on Batman a few times when I go down there. Now whether that will be with my dad or not that will depend on how affective his dramamine is haha. I already know i'm going on X2 by myself but its all good. Is Aftershock/Deja Vu as intense as anything as anything they have there (not that i'm worried about that) because i actually prefer the intensety.

^ You'll probably agree that X2 is the most intense ride at the park. Not so much for the g-forces, but the overall ride experience.

If you're at all interested in the park's history, go up in the Sky Tower sometime during your visit. Not only is the view from there great, but they put together a "museum" with old models, photos, posters, and running videos of old TV commercials. That's definitely worth a visit. Hopefully it won't be too windy for your visit; otherwise, the tower will be closed.

Eric

I've got another question haha. I've heard about how Mantis at Cedar Point is painful to a specific area on a males body. I'm not trying to be a perv or anything i'm just curious if thats the same case on Riddler's Revenge because i don't wanna spend the whole day with a bag of ice between my legs

Riddler's is like riding a bike... eventually the seat gets uncomfortable. I've never had a real problem with B&M stand-up coasters because everything is adjustable. Tatsu's flying position gets a little uncomfortable too when your left hanging until the next trains leaves the station.

Edit: I'm only saying this because you look kind of tall, If you're having trouble with getting your belt to reach the buckle, sit all the way down on the seat and then stand-up.

^^ Here's a tip for you. When you adjust the "seat," squat down just a bit till they lock the restraints. Then when you stand straight up, the "seat" is far enough below your jewels so as not to do any damage. I've ridden Riddler so many times and have not had any problem in that area.

Eric

Haha you were right. I'm fairly tall. I'm 6'2 155 so that would probably be part of the reason arrow rides kill me so much. I've some stuff about some gang activity in the park. I've heard that I shouldn't be worried about it but I just wanted to hear what you guys would say. Have you guys noticed anything sketchy or is that just the media blowing things out of proportion?

There were problems with gangs at one time, but since Jay Thomas and Co. took over, that's really a thing of the past. SFMM is cleaner than it's been in ages, and I've enjoyed many visits in the past 18 months.

It's not unusual to see sheriff's cars parked out in front. But that doesn't mean anything's wrong inside the park. Just that there is the presence of law enforcement. There's a sheriff's substation right there, too, if I'm correct.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys its me again. I just got another question about Magic Mountain for my trip. I've been looking at Magic Mountain's website and trying to figure out the flash pass system, and its safe to say that I'm more confused with the system now than I was before I knew about it. Could you guys help explain that?

You mentioned earlier that you plan on going the 22nd? If you are talking about March, then why the heck arent you just going to go with WCB???

Unless I missed something and your talking about April. If so, just disregard me

Chris.

Yeah sorry I'm going the 22nd of June not March. As much as I would love to go to WCB I can't. Reason 1 is that its the middle of my baseball season for my hs and this is our year to win state so I need to be there as much as possible because I'm the starting catcher. Reason 2 is I don't have the money for it. So sorry I can't go to WCB. If it was during June I would go in a hear beat but since its in March I can't go.